ADSL phone filters query.

Just put new ones on but nit sure if old ones are stuffed, can they be checked, seems a shame to chuck out anything usefull.

geek_mikeynz13, Sep 12, 3:17 pm

Well if they work then they're not stuffed

geek_jcmp21, Sep 12, 3:20 pm

would you pay to 'check' a $10 item ?

geek_drcspy, Sep 12, 3:20 pm

Why buy new ones if your old ones still worked?If they didnt work, then obviously they are stuffed.
Weird.

geek_datoofairy, Sep 12, 3:21 pm

If they worked, they aren't stuffed.If they were making the lines noisy and the new ones aren't, then just bin 'em.

geek_wombatunder, Sep 12, 3:21 pm

well sometimes when ya internet connexion aint that great u do try some new ideas , router flickers sometimes so try new filters ok, hard to notice any difference, could be a number if things but by putting new filters on its one idea tried ok hence the idea to check if they are actually stuffed , that was all but the question still aint been answered, can they be checked?

geek_mikeynz13, Sep 12, 3:36 pm

router flickers...........

test the actual line connection by running that router at a friends place or a friends router at your place

geek_drcspy, Sep 12, 3:40 pm

what if i have no friends lol

geek_mikeynz13, Sep 12, 3:42 pm

i do have another modem for single computer , may hook that in and check router sometime, would not hurt.

geek_mikeynz13, Sep 12, 3:45 pm

I have a question for you guys relating to this in my place I have 3 jackpoints for the phone the phone works on all 3 but it doesnt matter what I do my internet will only work from one of them any ideas?

geek_familiadude, Sep 12, 3:48 pm

Apparently you already have a 'splitter' installed, and you won't need to use filters on the two plugs where the ADSL modem doesn't work.

geek_little_egypt, Sep 12, 3:54 pm

Wrong. Some cheapie filters will 'work', however will significantly reduce the throughput.

geek_smac, Sep 13, 9:51 pm