Palm Treo Pro vs HTC Snap (HTC S523).

Is the palm really worth the $300.00 price difference? Does anyone have either of these phones? If so, why did you choose that one and not the other?

geek_badcam, Oct 3, 5:03 pm

Pumpity... pump pump!

geek_badcam, Oct 5, 4:48 pm

I've the HTC Snap because I didn't think the Palm was worth the extra $300 lol But I don't really do much with it....so probably not much of a recommendation

geek_soodanim, Oct 5, 10:06 pm

oh and I was thinking of selling it because in the end I didn't really do much with it...lol hmmmmm

geek_soodanim, Oct 5, 10:08 pm

Sood. What's it like for surfing the web? Really, just for quick referrals or searches. What's it like with the TM site? Is there anything about the phone that you don't like? Foibles? How's the keyboard for typing? Any idea of how it compares to the Treo?

geek_badcam, Oct 5, 10:23 pm

Never used a Treo so I can't compare I am not really a "mobile phone" kind of person....OK on TM but I've not really used it for the web much....I like the size of the screen, it's great for photos and mp4s etc.........I am probably not using it to full capabilities. I find the keyboard fine to type on and I have fat fingers...lol Foibles?

geek_soodanim, Oct 5, 10:36 pm

Oh and I don't think there's anything I don't like about it, I just don't know how to use it properly...lol

geek_soodanim, Oct 5, 10:37 pm

$300 is a big difference for two very similar phones. Really, it all comes down to the slightly larger screen, the fact that it's a touchscreen and the 3.5 socket in the Treo. Is it worth it? The videos I've seen of the Snap suggest that it's very responsive. Is it? I'll probably be making use of most of it's features, texting, email, wifi, web. MP3 player. The Treo looks awesome, but the look of the keyboard puts me off. What I don't like about the snap is that it needs a proprietary connector for headphones.

geek_badcam, Oct 5, 10:44 pm

Yeah I thought that about the connection too, but after using it for awhile...I think it pretty sturdy. Not likely to break, I've had to replace a few sets of 3.5mm earphones, plugs or headphones etc because they've broken

geek_soodanim, Oct 5, 10:54 pm

Hmm. I think you're convincing me sood. It's the cheapest of the Telecom smartphones and seems like it could take some punishment.

geek_badcam, Oct 5, 10:58 pm

I would recommenda case or screen protector but only if you are REALLY fussy about your phone. I've noticed some very light scratches when the phone is off (or on standby) but they are not noticeable while using the phone. If you aren't that vain then you probably won't mind lol

geek_soodanim, Oct 5, 11:04 pm

You have the best UN on TM by the way.

geek_badcam, Oct 5, 11:10 pm

... badcam said foibles

geek_0800xford, Oct 5, 11:25 pm

lol what's a UN?

geek_soodanim, Oct 5, 11:26 pm

... your username IS one of the better ones, swampd0nkey is good too =p

geek_0800xford, Oct 5, 11:43 pm

lol swampdonkey....Hubby thought it up... :)

geek_soodanim, Oct 5, 11:49 pm

... omg badcam said foibles you said hubby, what's next? lolcats? yup! http://web.mac.com/arnold_zwicky/tenwords.png

geek_0800xford, Oct 5, 11:58 pm

Oh gosh. Silly me, my typing. I meant to say: Have you played "Meet the Foibles" on it?

geek_badcam, Oct 6, 7:47 am

geek_badcam, Oct 6, 7:49 am

... "hi, i'm wobert" XD

geek_0800xford, Oct 6, 10:06 am