anyone in hamilton got a Leopard DVD i can borrow?

Anyone in hamilton got a Leopard DVD i can borrow? My macbook crashed, i had leopard running on it, but my restore DVD has the tinyest scratch in it. It gets all most all the way through the install, then fails in the last minute. Very annoying :( I took the disc to the video shop to be repaired and they have run it through the machine 3 times but it still wont work :( Any help would be much apperciated

geek_xaraknight, May 21, 5:49 am

Tried an external drive?

geek_charles.j, May 21, 6:04 am

I dont have an external drive :( i was thinking about putting it on a external HDD then booting the image from that, but i would need a firewire drive for that

geek_xaraknight, May 21, 6:11 am

bummeri guess your other option would be apple. (sorry.. as i'm not a person, i'm not full of knowledge)

geek_charles.j, May 21, 6:12 am

.... bummer.... i guess your other option would be apple. (sorry.. as i'm not a person, i'm not full of knowledge)

geek_charles.j, May 21, 6:12 am

Mac is very happy booting off usb harddrives what has crashed?

geek_morrisman1, May 21, 6:13 am

Since Intel macs were introduced .. you should be boot off USB drives too. Find an Apple store or give one a call and they can ship them for a small fee.

geek_gibler, May 21, 6:14 am

Really? all the forums i have looked at have said they are a no go with USB, only firmwire hmmm.

geek_xaraknight, May 21, 6:21 am

Really? all the forums i have looked at have said they are a no go with USB, only firmwire.... hmmm.

geek_xaraknight, May 21, 6:21 am

The lady at the video shop said to bring the disc back and she'll give it a few more runs through the machine

geek_xaraknight, May 21, 6:22 am

When i put a 250gb HDD in mine i pulled out the old one and put it in my usb case. while i waited for the new one to arrive i just ran it off the usb drive. just plugged it in and it booted as normal. you wouldnt have known it was running off usb (unless you were doing lots of data transfer of course)

geek_morrisman1, May 21, 6:34 am

Re1 are you sure its the disc and not a memory issue? why did it crash in the first place so you had to reload leopard? wouldn't hurt to check the memory in you can run memtest on a mac?

geek_dino7, May 21, 6:47 am

In - if .

geek_dino7, May 21, 6:48 am

The hard disc crashed :( no longer working the disc has have its 5th run in the disc polisher - this time fingers crossed :)

geek_xaraknight, May 21, 7:11 am

Damm it, still no go any one out there that can help me? please!!!

geek_xaraknight, May 21, 7:27 am

Oh was it the model with the bad seagate drives? made from about october-november 2007? they had faulty firmware by seagate on the drives which caused them to commit suicide

geek_morrisman1, May 21, 8:56 am

Bloody macs:P high priced and as reliable as a 1981 lada.

geek_dino7, May 21, 9:00 am

I bought a 250gb drive, think it was western digital one, sept 07

geek_xaraknight, May 21, 9:01 am

Ok... that wasnt part of the faulty batch then.

geek_morrisman1, May 21, 8:30 pm

Okthat wasnt part of the faulty batch then.

geek_morrisman1, May 21, 8:30 pm

N e one today? ??

geek_stefanie5, May 22, 4:38 am