Does a mint condition Motorola sky decoder

pierced1, Nov 19, 10:37am
...have any resale value to anyone?

*Short story* Moved towns 18 months ago, had sky disconnected, completely forgot in all the confusion of moving etc to take the decoder box in. Found out tonight while applying for a loan that Baycorp are after my blood LMAO. $286.82!!

Have checked the shed and there it is still packed in a 'shifting box'. Hopefully ill just be able to hand the box back in and get most, if not all of the debt wiped - but if not, fk 'em ill pay the debt and offset the damage by selling it to someone who needs it for the holiday home or bach etc.

rod525, Nov 19, 7:10pm
Well since you have posted all your deatils here and can be contacted through your car auction - Baycorp or Sky will be in touch soon.

seriouslycgi, Nov 19, 8:43pm
plus it needs a new smart card. does the old one still work?

they will wonder how the new person got the decoder but not the smart card.

you can clone smart cards ;P

pierced1, Nov 19, 8:57pm
Meh i already contacted baycorp...

*Update*

OK... for anyone interested(or happen into similar circumstances)
- Rang Baycorp - they are useless, rude asses.(i think the
language barrier may have been an issue!)
- Rang Sky - they werent much better - guy bleating on about how its all overdue subscriptions etc etc - then he gave me a number for Media Collections 0800278228 and asked me to ring them.
- Rang Media - awesome to deal with! finally someone could give me the break down of what was owed and why.

$175 for non return of decoder and $111.81 for unpaid subscriptions(unsure of why the unpaid subs - am in the middle of sorting that now lol)

But good news the decoder CAN be returned and a credit of $175 go against the debt.

hateskytv!, Jan 6, 10:08pm
I paid off my account before moving house and thought that was the end of it but on Boxing Day I received a call from an unknown caller/mobile number asking me for my address so that they could come and collect my decoder. He was quite adamant that he was going to visit. I don't know about you but I don't make a habit of giving out my address to unknowns, I don't know why he was calling over the holidays either so I asked him to get Sky to contact me to confirm he was one of their contractors. I received a text today asking me to call a freephone number about my Sky account. I called up and it wasn't Sky but Media Collections so I hung up and called Sky. Long and short of it they are coming to collect but they reported me to a collection company for not returning the damn thing!

I owed them no money and when I closed the account there was no mention or request to return it, its just on a shelf collecting dust in the garage. Dicks!

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)