Adobe Photoshop ?

lockley, Nov 15, 3:15am
Does anyone know if Adobe Photoshop 4.0 is compatible with Windows XP?Also am I able to isolate a colour in a black and white photo eg pick out the rainbow as coloured and have the rest B&W?Thx

sammycat, Nov 15, 3:26am
Yes to both. Get a book out of the library or Google for instructions

sammycat, Nov 15, 3:32am

lockley, Nov 15, 3:40am
Sammycat - after watching the tutorial, thx btw, it doesn't say whether or not I can do the colour thing with Adobe 4, are you saying that I can't cause the first person said that I could - now I'm confused

sammycat, Nov 15, 3:54am
I was the first person ;)

I meant the video is not for that version, but the instructions should be very similar. If not, they will be out there. I'm sure I did it in Photoshop Elements 4, using instructions from a book out of the library...

deej5, Nov 15, 3:57am
There is no colour in a black and white photo! Assuming you mean a colour photo then you need to duplicate the phot in another layer - convert that layer to monochrome and add a mask. With the mask active paint the rainbow with a black brush to reveal the colour underneath.

deej5, Nov 15, 4:17am
Or ... post the image and see what us photo-shoppers can do for you.

lockley, Nov 15, 5:15am
Thx for the offer deej5 but I'm looking a purchasing V4 and just needed to know if I could, lets get it right, remove the colour to make an image B&W then edit to add colour back in to a specific area.

dunedin_ree, Nov 15, 5:59am
Yes it can as long as you start with a colour photo.Not magically though, you need to work with duplicating layers and then do a selective delete.

It's a bit like asking if a car can parallel park - it's a capability of the driver, not the car.

little_egypt, Nov 15, 6:27am
Another option (if it's just one feature you want kept colour) use the free select tool to outline the thing you want coloured, invert selection, then desaturate.

lostdude, Nov 15, 6:28am
Photoshop is the most powerful image editor known to man. It has more capabilities than you'll ever get to know.

lockley, Nov 15, 7:09am
Thx everyone.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)