Is there any such thing as a good printer

southlandstock, Nov 17, 1:26am
Thank you in advance but I have had non-stop issues with my epson stylus and today a foreign object going through with the paper has bought out more noises than usual and it won't do anything. I am looking at buying again because it uses too much ink and does not print well. Any advise would be appreciated.

vtecintegra, Nov 17, 1:30am
What do you print?If its mainly text look a Laser printer, these can be had relatively cheap now.

little_egypt, Nov 17, 1:44am
No such thing as a good inkjet in my blunt opinion. Print a hundred pages in a row and they're usually stuffed by the end of it.

Lasers cost a bit more upfront but they're cheaper to run and far more reliable. I'd much rather have an old second-hand black and white laser than a new inkjet.

jeremy_74, Nov 17, 1:51am
+1
Brought a laser printer from here in may 2008 for about $30 from memory.
Just needed a toner cartridge which cost me about $100.

Still going on that toner but I only usually print 1 or 2 pages on average.
Thats printing everyday though ;)

southlandstock, Nov 17, 1:56am
I do have an old printer which has built-in ink and the only reason why I do not attach it to the 'dell' is because it has different fittings...would it be worth getting it changed (if possible) and I do mostly print text. My business letters are suppose to be formal but with bad printing it gets a bit embarrassing and I find myself apoligising all the time (not a good professional look for business).

little_egypt, Nov 17, 1:58am
I was printing the local computer magazine on mine, 150 pages double-sided every month for about six months. No idea how much toner it had when I got it or how much it has now, was given to me second-hand by a friend because their work got a fancy new colour one. I guess when it runs out I should probably look into a refill because it seems to be a pretty good printer.

southlandstock, Nov 17, 2:00am
gee....that was alright. It has more than paid for itself.

little_egypt, Nov 17, 2:05am
I'm hoping they'll want to upgrade again sometime soon, and my next printer will be their colour one. It has to be two or three years old by now...

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)