Samsung galaxy s - no internet connection

please help i need to know how to set up my phone for internet etc it keeps saying no internet connection when try to start the browser?? what are the APN settings for vodafone??

geek_jscnz81, Nov 29, 6:59 pm

so frustrating i have tried this but still no good, my phone is froyo 2.2 when i bought it... any othe ideas please :()

geek_jscnz81, Nov 29, 7:14 pm

Do you have the 3G icon in the notification bar? Is Wifi on (Wifi takes precedence over mobile data if you are connected to a Wifi access point)? Is "Use packet data" under Mobile Network Settings checked? Try toggling flight mode if you've just set up the APN.

geek_drsr, Nov 29, 9:20 pm

mobile network should be enabled on wireless & networks menu and then you see the 3g icon on the notification bar

geek_smoothjazz, Nov 29, 9:34 pm

What smooth said, disable wifi and try then.

Get Vodafone APN stuff from Vodafone.

geek_michael.benn, Nov 29, 9:57 pm

Go here:
http://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/configure-your-mobile/ Choose HTC Tattoo, enter your phone number and they will text you the APN details. The three APNs are:
opt.vodafone.co.nz
www.vodafone.co.nz
direct.vodafone.co.nz

All work on my Samsung on 2.2

geek_damon3, Nov 30, 12:26 am

I bought a Galaxy S - cannot connect to internet despite settings sent to phone. I am with 2 Degrees. Have tried suggestions above. 3G icon not showing

geek_guest, Dec 8, 12:18 pm

I also have this problem, im on 2 degrees and cannot get the 3g icon on the notification bar, have tried everything in this forum

geek_guest, Dec 14, 5:02 pm

we are on orange... gunna throw this thru window in a minute!!

please help!!

settings sent to fone but no internet????

geek_guest, Mar 1, 8:23 am

The 3 G icon doesnt appear on mt galaxy s hence no internet connection. However it connects through Wifi and also works as mobile AP/

geek_guest, Apr 1, 3:29 pm

2degrees doesnt have 3g yet.

geek_guest, Apr 20, 10:41 am

Steps for GPRS settings on Samsung Galaxy Pop
*Go to settings
* Go to Wireless and networks
* Go to Mobile networks
* Go to Check Use packet data
* Go to Access point names
* For BSNL -APN "bsnlnet"
* Now go back to settings
* touch Internet and it will run.

geek_m_s_karki, May 15, 6:01 pm

Now steps to use Samsung Galaxy Pop as modem and running internet through PC
* connect the mobile to PC via USB cable
*Go to settings
* Go to Mobile networks
* Go toThethering and portable hotspot
* chech USB tethering
*Now in PC, go to Control Panel-> Network and Internet connections -> Network connections
* Here you will see samsung modem. (Kies software to be installed before it)
* Right click on that connection -> properties-> Check on "Show icon in notification Area when connected."
* Now you are connected to internet via mobile and you can see the connected icon.

geek_m_s_karki, May 15, 6:12 pm

geek_m_s_karki
thank you, that worked first time. appreciate your help.

geek_bek, May 25, 11:52 am

When I'm on wifi and go on the internet it says can not connect even though I can after pressing ok what's up with that because I'm sick of pressing ok after every page

geek_guest, May 28, 1:04 pm

i have just brought a samsung galaxy s and i can not get internet or picture messages to work i am with giffgaff and have tried the apn but it does not work any ideas please

geek_guest, Jun 2, 10:28 pm

I have a samsung galaxy mini on the 2degrees network and it just comes up with no network connection - cannot connect to internet. Please check your connection settings and try again.

Help!

geek_guest, Jun 23, 6:57 pm

m_s_karki please tell me settings for mtnl postpaid

geek_guest, Jul 5, 11:09 pm

i just got the samsung galaxy s .... how do i get the internet without having to connect via wi-fi please help

geek_guest, Jul 6, 12:20 am

I have upgraded my Sam galaxy 3 to group but I can not access the Internet on it. I have set the APN correct.
I realized that when I check the use packet data checkbox and visit setting it is always reset to unchecked

geek_guest, Jul 15, 5:32 am

Hi i have just bought a samsung glaxy 5 and it has got no internet connection how do you get it to connect i am with Telstra. please help.

geek_mel, Jul 18, 4:18 pm

How can i get the free setting for vodafone on galaxy pop

geek_guest, Jul 25, 6:17 am

I have a new galaxy s and it went for repair where they wiped all previous settings - when I got it back the internet wouldnt work on 3G. Solution - go to the vodafone web site and "in search" put APN - select samsung, there are several models listed. Follow the instructions ( make sure you put your cell number in right ie 6421....), then you get a text but sure your remember the secret code number, follow the text, follow the instruction entre the code, and hey preso its now works. I knew the repairer upgraded the operating software, and this was the issue for me. Hope this helps.

geek_guest, Aug 30, 9:03 am

Im fed with Bsnl i have galaxy s2 but intrrnet is not working .i have tried everything still internet is not workimg any suggetion.im really tried got such a good mobile no intetnet.BSML SUCKS

geek_nadim_sisodia, Sep 18, 6:50 pm

Help !!i have a galaxy s fascinate 3G plus from telus it's unlock i using china prepaid simcard why i can't go on line how can i do the seting ? i am in china right now please help ..

geek_pack, Sep 25, 5:21 pm

pleae help me... my phone galaxy s 16 gb... th use packet data missing already ? how can't i do?

geek_guest, Sep 29, 5:41 am

does this phone need internet or not.

geek_guest, Oct 6, 3:16 pm

Hi all,

I've just managed to get the internet working, without Wi-Fi, on my Samsung Galaxy Mini (Vodafone). Here're the APNs from the Vodafone site. I used the first one (Internet APN) and it worked straight away. Go to 'settings', 'wireless and networks', 'mobile networks', then 'access point names' and enter the APN name, username and password below, for either monthly or PAYG. Hope this helps someone!

Monthly

Vodafone uses a variety of different APNs (Access Point Names) to manage the point at which you connect to the 3G or GPRS networks. The APN you need depends on the service/connection that you want to use.

The settings for connecting to the Internet APN are:

APN: Internet
Username: web
Password: web

The settings for connecting to the WAP APN are:

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap

You may also need the Access Point Name (APN) added to your account to allow you to access the internet - to arrange this please contact Customer Service.

Contact Customer Service

PAYG

Vodafone uses a variety of different APNs (Access Point Names) to manage the point at which you connect to the 3G or GPRS networks. The APN you need depends on the service/connection that you want to use.

The settings for connecting to the Internet APN are:

APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk
Username: web
Password: web

The settings for connecting to the WAP APN are:

APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap

You may also need the Access Point Name (APN) added to your account to allow you to access the internet - to arrange this please contact Customer Service.

Link: http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=BROWSE_TOPIC&CMD2=search&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATION=1000&helpSearchAlpha=APN#a=&t=&sq=APN

geek_charlotte, Oct 8, 9:10 pm

how to connect to internet with a pc by samsung galaxy pop.
I have installed samsung kies software but there is not any option for making internet connection
plz help.

geek_guest, Oct 8, 10:12 pm

geek_m_s_karki May 15, 2011, 6:01 pm #12
Steps for GPRS settings on Samsung Galaxy Pop
*Go to settings
* Go to Mobile networks
* Go to Access point names
* For BSNL -APN "bsnlnet"
* Now go back to settings
* touch Internet and it will run.

Hey Geek,

what if there' nothing in the APN

geek_guest, Oct 9, 10:26 am

PLZ HELP ME TO SAVE INTERNET SETTING ON MY SAMSUNG GALAXY POP ON DOCOMO NO,AND ALSO TOLD ME IS THERE IS AVAILABLE OR NOT INTERNET BROWAING ,COZ WHEN I MESSAGED FOR INTERNET SETTING IRECEIVED REPLY MESSAGE THAT YOUR DEVICE DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS SERVICE,PLZ HELP ME

geek_deepak_jha,ludhi, Oct 14, 2:26 am

Hi i have a samsung mini and recently "emergency calls only" has appeared on home screen,i cant make phone calls out or recieve also cant send or recieve text messaging,although i can access internet.any help would be greatly appreciated.thankyou

geek_guest, Oct 15, 12:38 am

Dear Geek-guest,
I am complete twat when it comes to phones but even I could re connect to the internet with your instructions. Your are a genius.xxx

geek_guest, Oct 17, 9:51 pm

FAO of people struggling with the Samsung Galaxy SII - I purchased this mobile and it was working fine until...well after a few days I couldnt get on the internet.

A gentleman earlier said - toggle the flightmode on/off - it works again.

geek_guest, Oct 20, 7:58 am

i cannot connect internet through samsung galaxy s plus i9000 for ntc postpaid in nepal

geek_guest, Nov 3, 4:13 pm

GEEK-DRSR Champion & correct - thankyou:p

geek_guest, Nov 8, 10:45 am

How to connet glaxy pop to pc

geek_parth, Nov 9, 7:56 pm

Packet data under mobile settings worked for me, thanks

geek_guest, Nov 15, 3:20 pm

hi,

i am using samsung galaxy s phone. but am not able to connect internet of my phone to pc

geek_guest, Nov 16, 11:04 pm

For Galaxy S,,

First you have to call the customer care and then ask them for sending the Internet settings. Once you get the message, open it and install/save them to your phone .

After this , Switch Off and Switch on your mobile. And Try whether the Internet connection works . If still it doesn't work, Do the next steps..

Go to Settings -> Wireless and network -> Mobile networks ->
Then select Tick mark for "Use Packet data" and "Data Roaming ".

Muneer

geek_guest, Nov 27, 5:09 am

Thanks to m.s. Karki #13
God bless u
duao mein yaad rakhenge

geek_amit_tripathi, Nov 29, 8:59 am

Go to your settings >Wireless and network >> mobile network >> Network mode >> choose WCDMA Only and OK it

My phone's internet has been down for about 3 days now after I connected it to a home wifi. I did all the above and none of them worked so I decided to go lucky and try that as well and Tadaaaaa. It worked :)

Good luck

geek_guestdia, Nov 30, 1:47 pm

I got a samsung galaxy fit and I'm mascom but how do I connect to the internet without wifi??

geek_lana, Dec 2, 2:00 am

its easy,if you all already have your operator configuration then just go to wireless and network then scrool to mobile networks then to access point name(apn) then press your internet access then scrool down until you see the APN TYPE then press,they give you 3 choice,internet+mms,internet and mms..thats all..i have a same problem but i just do with my best then now result?i like my phone(Galaxy S),this like my second girlfriend hahaha...sorry for my english..good luck everyone!

geek_shinobiakuma, Dec 4, 5:32 pm

Phone sks........went from blackberry to gal 2, internet never wants to connect, text has no dictionary........J-U-N-K

geek_puck, Dec 5, 5:49 am

i have a samsung galaxy s but i cant connect to the internet unless i use wi-fi, i am with virgin mobile please help!!!!!

geek_frosty7, Dec 6, 3:52 pm

Thank you geek_m_s_karki - I also went to vodafone store and online to see if they could help get me on the network and they couldn't... I followed your instructions online to get internet for my Samsung and it worked first time!!!! woohoo!!!

geek_symmon, Dec 6, 6:39 pm

for samsung mini users just go to Wireless and networks settings check use packet data....
switch off ur mobile...
go to settings again..
select operator that is airtel ,bsnl anything...
switch it off and on again...
uv got internet

geek_bang_bang, Dec 11, 12:37 am

I have a Samsung Galaxy 551 and cannot connect to data either. Does anyone know the settings for this particular phone? Tried suggestions above but can't find the BSNL..? Thank you help much appreciated!

geek_guest, Dec 14, 11:13 pm

hi the internet connection on my samsung galaxy s does not work...it is very frustrating!! please HELP!!

geek_guest, Dec 16, 11:47 pm