AC adapter help.

Yesterday my laptop adapter stopped working. So I decided to buy a new adapter. Problem is the price difference. 337204065 this auction the adapter is $84 while the auction which i won (339971840) is only $22. Both has same input/output but why such price difference? Is it because of the warranty difference. HP help support has been horrible.Any help appreciated.

geek_king35, Dec 13, 12:27 pm

One is HP branded the other isn't

Same way it often costs more to buy genuine parts for a car than generic alternatives

geek_vtecintegra, Dec 13, 12:31 pm

But it says Hp compaq..... and the adapter fits the serial number of my previous adapter. So the one i won isn't genuine?? will this cause any problems??? The previous adapter been working fine for almost 2 years now and randomly stop working. Checked the inside and the fuse wasn't blown or anything.

geek_king35, Dec 13, 12:40 pm

The reason the brand name is mentioned in the auction is just to indicated compatibility. In the description of the auction, it is stated as being"NON-OEM" which means compatible (not manufactured by Original Manufacturer).

geek_lostdude, Dec 13, 12:45 pm

BTW thank you very much. I wasn't looking at the picture properly and was more focused on the specification, my old adapter matched picture of the $84 and not the $22.

geek_king35, Dec 13, 12:47 pm

I wouldn't worry about it its probably fine.

geek_vtecintegra, Dec 13, 12:48 pm

Thanks mate, dam i should have researched a bit more about this before buying.

geek_king35, Dec 13, 12:53 pm