What's best freeware for slow pc?

It's got Windows xp and become slow-as.

geek_ash369, Dec 25, 10:49 am

I wouldn't mind a dollar for every time I've heard that.
Linux is free

geek_ettenyl, Dec 25, 10:54 am

ccleaner
auslogic disk defrag

I'll let you use the google to find them..

geek_gibler, Dec 25, 10:55 am

the best freeware in such a situation is to use your brain (free) and determine WHY it's slow..............

geek_drcspy, Dec 25, 11:04 am

2nd Ccleaner and Malwarebytes. Also as the dr says, the brain lol. Get Googling and be a WHY people as per your great profile quote.

geek_hakatere1, Dec 25, 11:16 am

hahah how very appropriate

geek_drcspy, Dec 25, 11:20 am

Boo hoo -- sigh.Sorry I asked.

geek_ash369, Dec 25, 11:37 am

What,- a whole lot of stuff loading at boot time that you don't need in your RAM
How,- open a command box and type in msconfig. select the start up tab and turn off all the apps you don't use all the time eg. acrobat reader, msn messenger, quicktime...you'll see them. Then have a short arguement with xp about whether or not you know what you're doing and restart.
Why,- because you can

geek_ettenyl, Dec 25, 11:44 am

Drop it off a cliff.Don't forget to let go before it hits bottom
(where the ambulance waits).

geek_deodar1, Dec 25, 2:37 pm

You may need to re install windows to speed it up.

geek_elv, Dec 26, 7:18 am

How old is said computer? Computers do seem to run a lot slower in old age. Well that's what I've found anyways. Could always go and get Tuneup Utilities, http://www.tune-up.com/download/ , and see if that helps. It's only a trial but it's worth having a look at.

geek_ghosty666, Dec 26, 8:02 am

Yeah format c: all the way.

geek_acura, Dec 26, 11:04 am

linux is slow unless you are a wizard
(as in slow-er comparing dual boot fresh install xubuntu and windows 2k browsing the internet)

geek_loonee-dial-111, Dec 26, 11:24 am

wao amazing post site and data ... i appriciate you for this wordpress blog ,, this really too much abo , give himt your site feild and really nice data for a good ranked . you hard workfor your site and its compaign .so i like it , keep it up . and really nice to you and keep it up. site sidebar and work is really nice .

geek_guest, Aug 14, 7:24 pm