HELP/ADVICE NEEDED ON WHAT TO DO

I AM RUNNING INTERNET EXPLORER, WINDOWS XP, HAVE NOD32 ANTIVIRUS MY LATE HUSBAND PUT IN PLACE FOR PROTECTION. WHEN I CLICK ON THE TOP RIGHT HAND RED X BUTTON TO GET OFF THE INTERNET, BUT KEEP COMPUTER ON. IT WONT LET ME DO IT. I HAVE TO TURN COMPUTER COMPLETELY OFF. GET MESSAGES, SEND ERROR REPORT. WHICH I SEND.WHATS WRONG?

geek_lucy-2, Jan 5, 6:22 am

looks like your caps lock key is stuck also ...........

how about you detail the EXACT error message

geek_drcspy, Jan 5, 6:26 am

To help protect your computer windows has closed this program. Then i click on close message. A page comes up, windows D E P detected a add on trying to use memory incorrectly. Hope this helps.

geek_lucy-2, Jan 5, 6:57 am

k WHAT program

geek_drcspy, Jan 5, 7:34 am

IE ?...........think you need to run a malware scan .........nod32 is generally excellent but download/install/update then restart in safe mode and run

malwarebytes

geek_drcspy, Jan 5, 7:35 am

So the program is "Internet Explorer"?
Closing the program doesn't get you off the internet, it just stops you browsing.
Sounds like you have a rogue or faulty add-on. None of your add-ons are likely to be required, so we could set Internet Explorer back to default settings: look through IE's menus for something along the lines of options > advanced > RESET

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 5, 7:35 am

Thanks will try tonight.

geek_lucy-2, Jan 5, 8:01 am

Thank you r.g.nixon, it worked! How dare this add -on help it- self to a home on my computer. Thats what i said to myself. Thanks again

geek_lucy-2, Jan 5, 8:12 pm

and they all lived happily ever after, until the next windows update...

geek_foxray2000, Jan 5, 8:35 pm