What does this mean - Acer ePower Management DMC h

Acer ePower Mnagement has stopped working.
How do I get it working again.
All these windows from Microsoft Windows
keep blocking my screen....help!!!!

geek_elsielaurie1, Jan 6, 9:09 am

Huh?

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 6, 11:12 am

One of the messages reads as follows - the ordinal 5070 could not be located in the dynamic link library (preceded by a red cirlce with a white cross). The other one reads - Acer ePower Management DMC has stopped working. I click 'close program' and once again the same messages keep popping up. I have checked my avast anit-virus state and everything looks as it should be.......

geek_elsielaurie1, Jan 6, 1:12 pm

Could be a problem with Avast. Someone with Avast had "ordinal 5070 could not be located in the dynamic link library" four days ago.
Uninstall it. Reinstall it, or try something else (Panda Cloud or MSE).

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 6, 1:15 pm

Hey that sounds interesting as I had just upgraded avast yesterday morning and I've been having this problem ever since!! Ummmm - where do I go to to 'uninstall'? Systems? or something else....

geek_elsielaurie1, Jan 6, 3:42 pm

Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

geek_r.g.nixon, Jan 6, 5:38 pm

Thanks r.g.nixon...tried that but didn't work!!!As I don't use the pre-loaded Acer thingys on my Acer computer, would it be safe to unistall them without interferring with my own programs?

geek_elsielaurie1, Jan 9, 1:59 pm

Since I updated and scanned with Avast my computer is doing what elsielaurie1 says hers is doing. Any other suggestions?

geek_guest, Jan 10, 3:05 pm

I downloaded a free version of Avast antivirus. While downloading it suggested that I also download Google Chrome. I refused. When I dowloaded new Avast and installed it, it asked to restart the commputer. After restart I keep receiving popup mesaage eePower_DMC.exe application error ordinal not found. It pops up one after another.

May this be the case, that if I refused to download Google Chrome, Avast does not work properly?

geek_anita, Jan 14, 7:11 am

I had these same problems. I uninstalled Avast antivirus and as of tonight i know longer have 30-40 windows popping up with error messages and Acer Epower and Enet thingy all working again.

geek_jacqui, Jan 20, 1:55 am

Thank you this was driving me nuts! I had installed Avast antivirus and had the same problem. Uninstalled it just now and no futher problems.

geek_geek_marieka, Jan 24, 7:55 am

It is Avast. Just uninstall it, even while the problems are on the screen. The system will restart after the uninstall. Mike South Africa

geek_guest, Jan 27, 10:36 pm

Choose Comodo antivirus for your Acer laptops, this is the best antivirus in da world and it's free. Plus it includes the best firewall and defence+ program much like windows defender, only much better, and all for free too. In the beginning you will need to learn how to control this Internet Security, but once you will, you will forget about viruses foreva! Good luck!

geek_guest, Oct 31, 4:26 am