Outlook 2010 and sleep mode problem

I have Outlook 2010 and after waking up from sleep, it can take up to two minutes to send and receive emails.If I close Outlook however and re-open it, it can send and receive straight away.I have tried changing the power settings for the network adapter, but with no change.
Interestingly while send and receive is not working, I can still surf the internet through internet explorer.
Anybody come across this problem?

geek_kew, Jan 24, 5:55 pm

Mine's a bit slow too but not that bad. Outlook's just shit. Is your PC old?

geek_craigsmith, Jan 24, 6:04 pm

Nope, it has an i5 3.6ghz CPU and 8 Gb Ram

geek_kew, Jan 24, 6:12 pm

Mines exactly the same on a Intel i7 920 with 6GB ram and Windows 7.
I just close and restart Outlook 2010 as it's quicker than waiting for it to complete the 'send/receive' cycle.

geek_guest, Feb 5, 6:08 am

And another one windows 7 plus office 2010 (full version)

3.16 Dual core & 8Gb ram - and fibre broadband (30Mbs) - normally takes only a few seconds to download all emails (typically several)

but after sleep the first few times can be really slow (minutes)

usually after 2nd or third attempt returns to normal or if I close Outlook and restart then returns to normal quick operation

geek_guest, Oct 17, 10:30 am

and more - mines exactly the same

dual core 3.15Ghz and 8gb Ram plus Fibre internet connection - normally takes just a few secconds - but after sleet takes minutes

geek_guest, Oct 23, 5:03 am

same here... if only we could slightly delay the first send/receive that fails. might do the trick.

geek_guest, Nov 16, 3:25 am

I have the same issue. Would be nice to know what's common for the people with the problem. I am running an ASUS p5Q-E motherboard with Marvell gigabit lan adapters. Using Hybrid Sleep. Also running Norton Internet Security 2012.

geek_allan, Jan 27, 7:44 am

I have the same outcome with MS Outlook 2010. After it comes out of sleep (and is opened), it takes a MINUTE or more to send receive mail. If I close it out, the mail is sent/receive very fast. is this a glitch/anomaly/bug in Outlook? I too have a fast computer running first Win7 with this problem and now after installing Win 8 and reinstalling Outlook with it, the same problem appears. Is there NO ONE who knows this problem and its solution???

geek_jerryt, Nov 7, 9:37 am

You know therefore caeisdnrobly with regards to this topic, produced me in my view believe it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women are not involved until it's one thing to do with Girl gaga! Your personal stuffs great. At all times take care of it up!

geek_guest, Aug 3, 9:52 pm

December 23, 2012ErotisiMe to ergalio mokaadorrs mporoume na kanoume tin prosopiki mas ipografei opos 8a kaname me enan stilo se xarti. Mporoume lipon kati tetio na to pros8esoume stin epaggelmatiki karta????

geek_guest, Aug 5, 11:09 am