What is 3g extended?

It is to do with mobile broadband or cell phone reception/coverage in general? Thanks

geek_jojo76, Mar 1, 2:41 pm

Basically 3g extended in vodafone speak means UTMS 900MHz .As 2degrees uses vodafones network in many areas same applies to them.

Note you should still be able to use the phone in 2G mode regardless - perhaps because its a Telecom handset that has been turned off (as XT doesn't have a 2G component)

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 1, 2:58 pm

Some brands of ph's simply are better in SOME areas.
Some parts of the country had better reception on Sanyo ph's but Nokia ph's were rubbish ... & .... vise versa

Very possibly the same thing with the current generation of ph's & networks.

geek_mrfxit, Mar 1, 6:20 pm

Hi, because the 3120 Classic (http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia-
_3120_classic-2240.php) is an XT phone it will only work on their frequencies - 850 & 2100MHz.Our network is 900 & 2100Mhz so when you have a 2D SIM in it will only work in an area where there was a 2100Mhz signal, normally used in cities and large towns.
^POB

geek_2degreescare, Mar 2, 10:37 am

It is to do with mobile broadband or cell phone reception/coverage in general!
Im asking because i had a nokia cell phone from Xt it was a 3120c.
I could'nt get coverage at home, tried 2 degrees still no coveage.
I bought a sony ericsson zylo which is 3g extended and I get 2 bars now using 2D.

So why is cause of the make or cause it is 3 g extended.Thanks

geek_jojo76, Mar 2, 2:41 pm

Basically 3g extended in vodafone speak means UTMS 900MHz .As 2degrees uses vodafones network in many areas same applies to them.

Note you should still be able to use the phone in 2G mode regardless - perhaps because its a Telecom handset that has been turned off (as XT doesn't have a 2G component)

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 2, 2:58 pm

Some brands of ph's simply are better in SOME areas.
Some parts of the country had better reception on Sanyo ph's but Nokia ph's were rubbish . & . vise versa

Very possibly the same thing with the current generation of ph's & networks.

geek_mrfxit, Mar 2, 6:20 pm