Word for mac 2011 can i save in 2 places at once?

instead of having to hit 'save as' and changing the location of the file every 10 minutes or so?

does anyone know a way around it?

geek_catcufflings, Mar 1, 4:59 pm

I'm confused.. why not just keep saving it in the same place?

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 1, 5:02 pm

oh coz i want to save it on my usb stick and onto he computer as a back up. so i wanted to save it in those 2 places at the same time when hitting 'control S'

geek_catcufflings, Mar 1, 5:03 pm

Ah right.. nah, no way that I know of... but I don't know everything.. yet :)

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 1, 5:07 pm

You might be able to attach an Automator script to a folder to copy it into another location each rime it's saved.

Or use dropbox and bypass the USB stick completely.

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 1, 5:34 pm

Alternatively, you could save to a specific folder you want to keep in sync with your USB stick, and use something like ChronoSync to schedule a sync of that folder on your hard drive to the USB stick every time the latter mounts.Then you'd just have to form the habit of plugging in your USB stick whenever you're done working on your files.

geek_thegilly, Mar 1, 8:04 pm

instead of having to hit 'save as' and changing the location of the file every 10 minutes or so!

does anyone know a way around it!

geek_catcufflings, Mar 2, 4:59 pm

I'm confused. why not just keep saving it in the same place!

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 2, 5:02 pm

oh coz i want to save it on my usb stick and onto the computer as a back up. so i wanted to save it in those 2 places at the same time when hitting 'control S'

geek_catcufflings, Mar 2, 5:03 pm

Ah right. nah, no way that I know of. but I don't know everything. yet :)

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 2, 5:07 pm

You might be able to attach an Automator script to a folder to copy it into another location each rime it's saved.

Or use dropbox and bypass the USB stick completely.

geek_dunedin_ree, Mar 2, 5:34 pm

Alternatively, you could save to a specific folder you want to keep in sync with your USB stick, and use something like ChronoSync to schedule a sync of that folder on your hard drive to the USB stick every time the latter mounts.Then you'd just have to form the habit of plugging in your USB stick whenever you're done working on your files.

geek_thegilly, Mar 2, 8:04 pm