3G sim for Galaxy Tab

I have a 3g capable samsung galaxy tab but my XT sim doesn't work in it. Any ideas ?? Will a vodaphone one work? The wifi works fine but would like to be able to use 3g when travelling.

geek_lawman1, Mar 3, 2:14 pm

Galaxy tab uses /supports 900 & 2100MHz (Vodafone).

XT uses 850 & 2100Mhz (2100 is used in urban areas) which, given your location, is why XT sim wont work.

geek_patxyz, Mar 3, 2:21 pm

Many thanks Pat.

geek_lawman1, Mar 3, 4:18 pm

FYI, there is a model that will support the XT network too.

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 3, 4:33 pm

I must have the wrong model (P1000N). My xt sim just pops back out. It physically doesn't fit.

geek_lawman1, Mar 3, 4:38 pm

Easiest thing to do would be to get a Vodafone sim :)

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 3, 4:39 pm

Uh shouldn't be that, XT sims are the same size and shape as any other networks.

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 3, 4:40 pm

Yeah was thinking that. Either way, an XT sim won't work on it.

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 3, 4:45 pm

Oh the shame.... I was putting the card in the wrong way round. Works perfectly now. No, I'm not blonde!

geek_lawman1, Mar 3, 8:43 pm

I have a 3g capable samsung galaxy tab but my XT sim doesn't work in it. Any ideas ! Will a vodaphone one work! The wifi works fine but would like to be able to use 3g when travelling.

geek_lawman1, Mar 4, 2:14 pm

I must have the wrong model (P1000N). My xt sim just pops back out. It physically doesn't fit.

geek_lawman1, Mar 4, 4:38 pm

Uh shouldn't be that, XT sims are the same size and shape as any other networks.

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 4, 4:40 pm

Yeah was thinking that. Either way, an XT sim won't work on it.

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 4, 4:45 pm

Oh the shame. I was putting the card in the wrong way round. Works perfectly now. No, I'm not blonde!

geek_lawman1, Mar 4, 8:43 pm

I have a tab from KSA, when i put my XT sim in i can make calls fine but it won't connect to the 3g network? I can use wifi but what the hell?

geek_guest, Mar 30, 9:39 pm