The experts are giving out great advice

Wow. Some people shouldn't be allowed to buy keyboards.

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 8, 10:57 pm

Susprisingly good advice so far. nod32 and MSE get a mention, McAfee gets slammed, as does the idiot who says to not use anything.

Meantime in computing we have TWO people who think nortons in the bee's knees. That's really sad.

geek_little_egypt, Mar 9, 9:48 am

Oh funny sh!t

geek_swivel, Mar 9, 10:25 am

LOL wow

geek_lifesteala, Mar 9, 11:23 am

Posted on General as knew he/she'd get shot down here.

geek_mlh19658, Mar 9, 11:35 am

shot down ? for asking if a particular antivirus is good ?

not ........they'd at worst be directed to the search box on the left and or perhaps end up beingbit bamboozled by the variety of responses for and against any and all a/v programs......

geek_drcspy, Mar 9, 7:02 pm

No...I think he means the "virus scanners are all a scam" guy would get shot down.Shame I can't send him a copy of Hard Drive Killer to test his theory.

geek_peterj116, Mar 9, 9:50 pm

Funny crap all right:

Dont use anti virus at all - its a scam and you will find that most of the virus' created are made by the same companies that wish to sell you their software. If you have a moderate amount of common sense you will never get any virus - if you have an idiot using your pc then best get it. In saying that, a good firewall is essential as is updating your operating system! But anti virus - bollocks if you know what youre doing.

magicmat (2 )8:43 pm, Tue 8 Mar #3

Cannot get over this

geek_johnf_456, Mar 9, 10:44 pm

Well as a customer said to me, If you don't run a Virus program, you don't get virus's (his didn't and was riddled).
Point here is that without a virus program, nothing will tell you that you have one.

LOL

geek_swivel, Mar 9, 10:46 pm

Wow. Some people shouldn't be allowed to buy keyboards.

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 9, 10:57 pm

Susprisingly good advice so far. nod32 and MSE get a mention, McAfee gets slammed, as does the idiot who says to not use anything.

Meantime in computing we have TWO people who think nortons in the bee's knees. That's really sad.

geek_little_egypt, Mar 10, 9:48 am

Posted on General as knew he/she'd get shot down here.

geek_mlh19658, Mar 10, 11:35 am

shot down ! for asking if a particular antivirus is good !

not .they'd at worst be directed to the search box on the left and or perhaps end up beingbit bamboozled by the variety of responses for and against any and all a/v programs.

geek_drcspy, Mar 10, 7:02 pm

No.I think he means the "virus scanners are all a scam" guy would get shot down.Shame I can't send him a copy of Hard Drive Killer to test his theory.

geek_peterj116, Mar 10, 9:50 pm

Funny crap all right:

Dont use anti virus at all - its a scam and you will find that most of the virus' created are made by the same companies that wish to sell you their software. If you have a moderate amount of common sense you will never get any virus - if you have an idiot using your pc then best get it. In saying that, a good firewall is essential as is updating your operating system! But anti virus - bollocks if you know what youre doing.

magicmat (2 )8:43 pm, Tue 8 Mar #3

Cannot get over this

geek_johnf_456, Mar 10, 10:44 pm