Help with installing canon MP280 printer please?

vita2010, Mar 12, 2:23am
Hi all :-) I seem to be having major issues installing my new canon MP280 printer..(uugh....I am about to hurl the damn thing out the window!!) Was wondering if someone that knows a thing or two about this process could possibly help me please? I know it should be pretty straight forward especially with the installation disk (heck that isn't even bringing up the pop window for some reason) but I just can't seem to get it to install properly. I did previously have a canon printer MP272 hooked up and installed before trying to install this one.
Would appreciate anyone that is willing to help me fix this problem please :-) Many thanks.

pcfix4u, Mar 12, 4:04am
Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Canon???

vita2010, Mar 12, 4:43am
I did that awhile ago (and the drivers were downloaded without any problems, so it said!) but now when I go to push print, nothing happens (I even switched my comp off then back on, in the hope that maybe that would do something? But nope.) The printer is on and connected to my computer, but nothing is happening, not even an error status or message window (except the job that is waiting to be printed window but that is about it) I'll be the first to admit that I am an idiot when it comes to things like this (obviously) but if there is maybe a step I have missed or something that you could let me know to do or re-do Id appreciate it, but in the mean time I shall keep looking on the canon website etc and should hopefully get my problem solved soon ;-) thanks heaps.though.

ettenyl, Mar 12, 4:47am
did you uninstall the old printer?, make sure the new one is set as the default printer?

chito, Mar 12, 4:48am
Delet the printer. Unplug the printer USB cable. Install the driver and only plug in the USB when it asks. If the drivers are installed, check in the printer properties that it is connected to a USB port.

mgc54, Mar 12, 4:54am
As chito says... go to Control panel/add/remove programs and unininstall all old canon software and your new install. Re-start your pc.. Install the new software again, only connecting the printer WHEN prompted to. Sometimes if the printer is connected too early in the software install it tries to install windows drivers and messes up.

vita2010, Mar 12, 5:05am
ooooh gotcha!....sheesh I think those are the main problems I did wrong, failing to uninstall the old printer properly and connecting the new printer way too early..(uugh!)..will go do all of your instructions now :-) Thanks guys.

drcspy, Mar 12, 5:29am
you DONT have to uninstall the old printer you can have any number of printers installed so long as the one you want to use is set as 'default'.........when installing the new printer dont connect it untill the install program tells you to

vita2010, Mar 12, 5:36am
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH GUYS :-) printer is working perfectly now!! :-) You all are wonderful!! :-) Thank you!!

vita2010, Mar 13, 2:23am
Hi all :-) I seem to be having major issues installing my new canon MP280 printer.(uugh.I am about to hurl the damn thing out the window!) Was wondering if someone that knows a thing or two about this process could possibly help me please! I know it should be pretty straight forward especially with the installation disk (heck that isn't even bringing up the pop window for some reason) but I just can't seem to get it to install properly. I did previously have a canon printer MP272 hooked up and installed before trying to install this one.
Would appreciate anyone that is willing to help me fix this problem please :-) Many thanks.

pcfix4u, Mar 13, 4:04am
Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Canon!

vita2010, Mar 13, 4:43am
x1
I did that awhile ago (and the drivers were downloaded without any problems, so it said!) but now when I go to push print, nothing happens (I even switched my comp off then back on, in the hope that maybe that would do something! But nope.) The printer is on and connected to my computer, but nothing is happening, not even an error status or message window (except the job that is waiting to be printed window but that is about it) I'll be the first to admit that I am an idiot when it comes to things like this (obviously) but if there is maybe a step I have missed or something that you could let me know to do or re-do Id appreciate it, but in the mean time I shall keep looking on the canon website etc and should hopefully get my problem solved soon ;-) thanks heaps.though.

ettenyl, Mar 13, 4:47am
did you uninstall the old printer!, make sure the new one is set as the default printer!

mgc54, Mar 13, 4:54am
As chito says. go to Control panel/add/remove programs and unininstall all old canon software and your new install. Re-start your pc. Install the new software again, only connecting the printer WHEN prompted to. Sometimes if the printer is connected too early in the software install it tries to install windows drivers and messes up.

vita2010, Mar 13, 5:05am
ooooh gotcha!.sheesh I think those are the main problems I did wrong, failing to uninstall the old printer properly and connecting the new printer way too early.(uugh!).will go do all of your instructions now :-) Thanks guys.

drcspy, Mar 13, 5:29am
you DONT have to uninstall the old printer you can have any number of printers installed so long as the one you want to use is set as 'default'.when-
installing the new printer dont connect it untill the install program tells you to

vita2010, Mar 13, 5:36am
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH GUYS :-) printer is working perfectly now! :-) You all are wonderful! :-) Thank you!

satish, Mar 20, 4:51pm
plz tell me how to print ..

jim, Oct 22, 9:37pm
I purchased a Cannon PIXMA MP280, live in Guatemala. The install cd will not let me change from Spanish to English. Any ideas.

guest, Apr 15, 3:59pm
i have a learning disabillaty plase make instuchin eayer thank you

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)