Can you run internet on laptop with wifi using 3g

Please help

geek_offaxis, Mar 18, 11:56 am

if it's android just go to network config and enable wifi hotspot. set a password too obviously!

geek_little_egypt, Mar 18, 12:12 pm

Not always this easy, not all versions of android support wifi tethering. IIRC 2.2 supports it, unless you root the phone. So not good advice, OP what sort of phone are you running is the first question I'd like to know. Most android phones can work as usb modern if wifi does not work.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 18, 12:21 pm

I have 845vodafone but no wifi at my house does this help

geek_offaxis, Mar 18, 12:25 pm

You are much better off using USB tethering anyway as its easier on the phones battery.

Not sure if its enabled on the 845 but you can check under Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering.If there is a checkbox called 'USB tethering' you should be good to go.

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 18, 12:30 pm

my phone doesn't have this option domestic that mean i can't use it

geek_offaxis, Mar 18, 1:09 pm

Using USB tethering at the moment. Offered to help a friend move house, but right now we're all just sitting in his garage waiting for the real-estate knob to deliver the keys.

geek_little_egypt, Mar 18, 1:37 pm

Please help i have 3g phone i want to use to access network but don't know what i need

geek_offaxis, Mar 19, 11:56 am

if it's android just go to network config and enable wifi hotspot. set a password too obviously!

geek_little_egypt, Mar 19, 12:12 pm

Not always this easy, not all versions of android support wifi tethering. IIRC 2.2 supports it, unless you root the phone. So not good advice, OP what sort of phone are you running is the first question I'd like to know. Most android phones can work as usb modern if wifi does not work.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 19, 12:21 pm

You are much better off using USB tethering anyway as its easier on the phones battery.

Not sure if its enabled on the 845 but you can check under Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering.If there is a checkbox called 'USB tethering' you should be good to go.

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 19, 12:30 pm

my phone doesn't have this option domestic that mean i can't use it

geek_offaxis, Mar 19, 1:09 pm

Using USB tethering at the moment. Offered to help a friend move house, but right now we're all just sitting in his garage waiting for the real-estate knob to deliver the keys.

geek_little_egypt, Mar 19, 1:37 pm