How to access web using phone as connection?

My phone does not have usb tethering is it still possible

geek_offaxis, Mar 18, 1:34 pm

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/otherbrands/vodafone/vodafone845/845reviews/546037/vodafone_845_review.html

According to that it does. Settings > Wireless & Networks > Tethering & portable hotspot > USB tethering.

Not sure if your phone can do portable hotspot but it sure looks like it should do USB tethering.

geek_little_egypt, Mar 18, 1:42 pm

Thanks but when i check mean tethering and portable not there any ideas

geek_offaxis, Mar 18, 1:52 pm

There are app is the Android market to allow it - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pdanet&feature=search_result is one that has a limited free version - try it out and see if it works for you.

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 18, 1:58 pm

why hs it not occured to you that it might help to post your phone model .

amazing......

geek_drcspy, Mar 18, 2:00 pm

What's amazing is that Little Egypt really does have a crystal ball. I always thought people were being sarcastic, but it's finally been repaired. Wow.

geek_stevel_knievel, Mar 18, 2:32 pm

If you want to share your 3G connection with a laptop, then you can use Bluetooth, USB or Wifi.
- Wifi personal hotspot is a fairly new feature for smartphones so some phones may not be running software that supports this.
- Most phones will support USB tethering. This is fairly basic functionality.
- Bluetooth modem is the often forgotten connectivity method. Early versions of Andorid, iOS and WP7 firmware didn't support this.

The much-maligned feature-phones support USB and BT tethering out of the box and have done for years. You should ask yourself whether joining the smartphone bandwagon at the low end and is actually a step forward.

geek_carkitter, Mar 18, 9:52 pm

after further reading it looks like they need to download an app to do tethering. the link is in that other thread. loving my ideos more every day!

geek_little_egypt, Mar 19, 9:16 am

There are app is the Android market to allow it - https://market.android.com/details!id=com.pdanet&feature=search_result is one that has a limited free version - try it out and see if it works for you.

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 19, 1:58 pm

why hs it not occured to you that it might help to post your phone model .

amazing.

geek_drcspy, Mar 19, 2:00 pm

What's amazing is that Little Egypt really does have a crystal ball. I always thought people were being sarcastic, but it's finally been repaired. Wow.

geek_stevel_knievel, Mar 19, 2:32 pm

If you want to share your 3G connection with a laptop, then you can use Bluetooth, USB or Wifi.
- Wifi personal hotspot is a fairly new feature for smartphones so some phones may not be running software that supports this.
- Most phones will support USB tethering. This is fairly basic functionality.
- Bluetooth modem is the often forgotten connectivity method. Early versions of Andorid, iOS and WP7 firmware didn't support this.

The much-maligned feature-phones support USB and BT tethering out of the box and have done for years. You should ask yourself whether joining the smartphone bandwagon at the low end and is actually a step forward.

geek_carkitter, Mar 19, 9:52 pm