New adsl modem wireless needed for home network

jason18, Mar 23, 12:23am
Want to be able to connect my computer and maybe another computer and my phone. What one do you recommend? Cheers Jase

kiwicon, Mar 23, 12:36am
NETGEAR DGN2000 W/less-N DSL Modem Router <- backward compatible with earlier wifi.. they retail for about $239 - but shop around as I can do them for $175.00

VPN: DGN2000-100AUS

No use getting a wireless G modem now adays

smac, Mar 23, 12:47am
TP-LINK is absolutely fine. $99 from Computer Lounge.

lostdude, Mar 23, 1:27am
Take your pic, but as above I recommend TP-LINK. Not only are they the cheapest, their quality doesn't suffer because of it:

http://pricespy.co.nz/category.php?m=s67548203&o=produkt_pris_inkmoms#prodlista

jason18, Mar 23, 3:21am
Thanks guys. So are those just routers and I use my original Dlink modem?

jason18, Mar 24, 12:23am
Want to be able to connect my computer and maybe another computer and my phone. What one do you recommend! Cheers Jase

lostdude, Mar 24, 1:27am
Take your pic, but as above I recommend TP-LINK. Not only are they the cheapest, their quality doesn't suffer because of it:

http://pricespy.co.nz/category.php!m=s67548203&o=produkt_pris_inkmoms#prodlista

jason18, Mar 24, 3:21am
Thanks guys. So are those just routers and I use my original Dlink modem!

jason18, Mar 25, 5:29am
Cool I bought the TP Link and it came today. All set up now and its primo. Way faster than my old setup Plus i couldnt download torrents with my last set up. I now have it hooking up to my phone and computer and torrents work quickly and all for 99 bucks ! PRIMO! Thanks for your help

lostdude, Mar 25, 5:51am
Awesome, glad you got it sorted with your own initiative. Enjoy.

jason18, Mar 25, 6:00am
haha yeah cheers Im pretty lost when it comes to computers.... But managed to figure this one out. Me ande the missus are stoked! its Like we have a new internet connection!

lostdude, Mar 26, 5:51am
Awesome, glad you got it sorted with your own initiative. Enjoy.

jason18, Mar 26, 6:00am
haha yeah cheers Im pretty lost when it comes to computers. But managed to figure this one out. Me ande the missus are stoked! its Like we have a new internet connection!

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)