Vodafone t-stick dropping out of 3g

only been happening last couple of weeks, good bar strength on screen . havent moved anything around keeps dropping from the light blue light (3g) on t stick to dark blue then it browser wont do anything. flicks back to light usually within a minute, getting very frustrating. any ideas ??

P.S before any smarty pants says RING vodafone, i am speech impaired so thats not possible and they take 3 days to answer e-mails mostly.

geek_cocabowla, Mar 24, 9:16 pm

Probably a network problem, try at some different locations if possible

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 24, 9:23 pm

been in exactly same spot for 18 months, why would that be a problem now

geek_cocabowla, Mar 24, 9:35 pm

Cell tower settings get changed often, just cause its the same spot does not mean the signal stays the same. Heck some days my phone has 3 bars here then full the next.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 24, 9:39 pm

always run happily anywhere from 2 to 5 bars on screen so dont think thats it (4 currently)

geek_cocabowla, Mar 24, 9:49 pm

Tried ringing the vodafone helpdesk?

geek_johnf_456, Mar 24, 9:51 pm

Don't worry OP john is brain impaired.

geek_orangepony, Mar 24, 10:20 pm

tried reading my original post properly??

geek_cocabowla, Mar 24, 10:39 pm

Like it or not you're going to have to get in contact with them somehow.

Send them an email, tweet @vodafoneNZ, post on http://forum.vodafone.co.nz/ etc

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 24, 10:49 pm

was worth a try, got to go to vodafone anyway about my call plan .

geek_cocabowla, Mar 24, 11:11 pm

Didn't see that part, why not get someone to ring for you surely you have family or friends that can help you out.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 25, 8:06 am

It is possible you get someone else on your behalf.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 25, 8:07 am

Vodafone is working with me to try to understand why the signal in our (Kohimarama) area fluctuates so much.Not just my Iphone but others, too.
Flicks from "network lost" through to as many as three bars.All day and every day.They had counted on the latest software update to resolve it but it didn't.Now asked to monitor times.It has taken a while but they are trying to be helpful.Time I said something nice.

geek_footplate1, Mar 25, 8:20 am

because there might have been someone knowledgeable on the boards who could give me a helpful resolution or answer first. obviously i wasnt counting on you being in here !

geek_cocabowla, Mar 25, 11:21 am

Well we are not the vodafone helpdesk, its clearly a specific vodafone related issue which needs to be talked about them. Could be a faulty stick, regardless its vodafone problem not ours. Just because you do not like me telling you the hard truth you have a cry about it.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 25, 12:05 pm

well thank you sherlock !! i wouldnt waste a single tear over anything you ever said and i wont waste any more breath on you.

geek_cocabowla, Mar 25, 7:01 pm

Well the truth is the truth, I tried to help but if you want to be arrogant about it then yeah.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 25, 7:02 pm

You're the one going banging on in another thread about people not providing enough information.In this instance the OP gave information that you didn't even bother to read and take into account before replying.

Comprehension fail john.

geek_orangepony, Mar 25, 7:13 pm

lol, i'm still trying to see where he tried to help me. must have been in invisble ink.

geek_cocabowla, Mar 25, 8:55 pm

By asking about the signal and letting you know the same spot does not mean the same grade of signal in that same spot all the time. Asking about the vodafone helpdesk yes my fault I did not see it has you typed it out then edited it. My fault for that yes I am sorry.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 25, 8:57 pm

The information part is correct, they have not stated what type of3g stick either which would also help narrow the problem down. There is more than one type of data stick out there. SO how have there provided all the information.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 25, 8:58 pm

Try the latest version of the Mobile Broadband software:
http://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity/40_software/software/10_latest/p_software.jsp
I've seen improvements in performance from software upgrades in the past.

geek_carkitter, Mar 25, 9:05 pm

Hahaha!
Very mature.

geek_carkitter, Mar 25, 9:06 pm

only been happening last couple of weeks, good bar strength on screen . havent moved anything around keeps dropping from the light blue light (3g) on t stick to dark blue then it browser wont do anything. flicks back to light usually within a minute, getting very frustrating. any ideas !

P.S before any smarty pants says RING vodafone, i am speech impaired so thats not possible and they take 3 days to answer e-mails mostly.

geek_cocabowla, Mar 25, 9:16 pm

Well I was trying to help but if they want to get shitty about it then yeah. Free help, when it was just a mis understanding that I admit I could of handled better.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 25, 9:23 pm

Tried ringing the vodafone helpdesk!

geek_johnf_456, Mar 25, 9:51 pm

tried reading my original post properly!

geek_cocabowla, Mar 25, 10:39 pm

Like it or not you're going to have to get in contact with them somehow.

Send them an email, tweet @vodafoneNZ, post on http://forum.vodafone.co.nz/ etc

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 25, 10:49 pm

Didn't see that part, why not get someone to ring for you surely you have family or friends that can help you out.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 26, 8:06 am

Vodafone is working with me to try to understand why the signal in our (Kohimarama) area fluctuates so much.Not just my Iphone but others, too.
Flicks from "network lost" through to as many as three bars.All day and every day.They had counted on the latest software update to resolve it but it didn't.Now asked to monitor times.It has taken a while but they are trying to be helpful.Time I said something nice.

geek_footplate1, Mar 26, 8:20 am

well thank you sherlock ! i wouldnt waste a single tear over anything you ever said and i wont waste any more breath on you.

geek_cocabowla, Mar 26, 7:01 pm

Well the truth is the truth, I tried to help but if you want to be arrogant about it then yeah. Individual users cant magically fix Vodafone network issues. You started it.

geek_johnf_456, Mar 26, 7:02 pm

lol, i'm still trying to see where he tried to help me. must have been in invisble ink.

geek_cocabowla, Mar 26, 8:55 pm

Try the latest version of the Mobile Broadband software:
http://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity/40_software/software/10_latest/p_software.jsp
I've seen improvements in performance from software upgrades in the past.

geek_carkitter, Mar 26, 9:05 pm

Hahaha!
Very mature.

geek_carkitter, Mar 26, 9:06 pm