Wireless inkjet printer purchasing help

latrelle, Mar 25, 9:14am
about to buy a new one for our small not for profit. Would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. We do low volumes and lots of charts/graphs/photos. Obviously we want to keep our operating costs as low as possible. I'm pretty confused by the range of makes and models on the market. TIA

gyrogearloose, Mar 25, 8:20pm
I recently bought a Canon MG5250 from JBhifi, it has the wireless / scanner / memory card slots / CD printing.

nzmu, Mar 25, 8:49pm
Check out the HP 6500 (or newer 7500 and 8500). They use the 920XL carts and you really need to check the cost/pages print. This machine rivals laser printing in speed and cost. Other points, it's a fax, copier, printer, duplexes (prints both sides), wireless and when it prints, it does a very nice job.

rgtrading, Mar 25, 9:34pm
If you do quite a bit of printing, it may be worth looking at a laser printer instead of an inkjet. Inkjets use a lot of ink and thus are expensive to run.

smac, Mar 25, 9:37pm
Ya 2nd that. Will never bad another inkjet. They're just bad technology IMHO.

latrelle, Mar 26, 9:14am
about to buy a new one for our small not for profit. Would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. We do low volumes and lots of charts/graphs/photos. Obviously we want to keep our operating costs as low as possible. I'm pretty confused by the range of makes and models on the market. TIA

nzmu, Mar 26, 8:49pm
Check out the HP 6500 (or newer 7500 and 8500). They use the 920XL carts and you really need to check the cost/pages print. This machine rivals laser printing in speed and cost. Other points, it's a fax, copier, printer, duplexes (prints both sides), wireless and when it prints, it does a very nice job.

smac, Mar 26, 9:37pm
Ya 2nd that. Will never bad another inkjet. They're just bad technology IMHO.

latrelle, Mar 27, 6:38am
Thanks guys. Went with the Canon MG5250 as it can print on CDs in addition to doing the other things I need it to. Found it really easy to set up and use and happy with the results so far.

sprinter51, Mar 27, 11:23pm
Good luck

lythande1, Mar 28, 12:16am
Then do what I do. It doesn't matter what brand, what price for the printer. What matters is the media cost. Whether it's ink or laser, find your model, then go to www.consumables.co.nz, look it up, click cartridge or toner and see how many pages it will do from the cartridge/toner. That tells you everything. Unless you like replacing the ink or toner every 5 minutes make sure it does a LOT. Ink - no less than 1000 pages per black.

lythande1, Mar 29, 12:16am
Then do what I do. It doesn't matter what brand, what price for the printer. What matters is the media cost. Whether it's ink or laser, find your model, then go to www.consumables.co.nz, look it up, click cartridge or toner and see how many pages it will do from the cartridge/toner. That tells you everything. Unless you like replacing the ink or toner every 5 minutes make sure it does a LOT. Ink - no less than 1000 pages per black.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)