Laptop power adaptors

So, mine has given up the ghost. Can't complain after 8 years!
Does anyone bother trying to repair them? I see that I can pick one up for about $30, so I expect it's not worth trying. I will open it up though, just to see what makes it tick.

Has anyone had experience with the high wattage 'universal' adapters that come with a lot of plugs, USB charging ports and a car adapter?

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 27, 4:26 pm

They work OK but you may find as I did that playing music with the adapter in causes noise.Something to do with the power charge regulator not working the same way as the original - clipping?

geek_smine, Mar 27, 4:31 pm

There are plenty of knockoff ones, and thats about all you will get for $30. Good luck with that.

geek_richms, Mar 27, 6:30 pm

So, mine has given up the ghost. Can't complain after 8 years!
Does anyone bother trying to repair them! I see that I can pick one up for about $30, so I expect it's not worth trying. I will open it up though, just to see what makes it tick.

Has anyone had experience with the high wattage 'universal' adapters that come with a lot of plugs, USB charging ports and a car adapter!

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 28, 4:26 pm

They work OK but you may find as I did that playing music with the adapter in causes noise.Something to do with the power charge regulator not working the same way as the original - clipping!

geek_smine, Mar 28, 4:31 pm