Registry Reviver

Had home PC for 18 months, approx 1 month ago 'Registry Reviver' started popping up saying pc has errors. Only problem is, I don't know anything about reg.reviver, why its on my pc, what it is, should it be on my pc, should I/how to get rid of it. I have AVG installed and it says pc security features are working and up to date.

So, what to do about Registry Reviver?

geek_metaman, Mar 28, 4:52 pm

geek_lilyfield, Mar 28, 4:59 pm

Its asking if I want to 'repair errors'. Should I, do I need to - is this a baddie that I should uninstall?

geek_metaman, Mar 28, 5:49 pm

You don't need to do any repair with it. Uninstall it.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 28, 5:52 pm

geek_lostdude, Mar 28, 5:53 pm

It is a baddie. Well really more of a scam to get some of your money.After paying themyou will find all those things it finds wrong will magically disappear (along with your money too of course)

geek_pheonix, Mar 28, 6:53 pm

Get rid of it,,,, as in uninstall it,,,,, and use Ccleaner.

Ccleaner is free and will clean out a lot of crap.

Here is the link.

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/ Add Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to you arsenal it works with along side all antivirus programs and is free and real good . Here is the link

http://tinyurl.com/487mno4

You have to update and scan manually with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Best of luck.

geek_pcfix4u, Mar 28, 7:01 pm

Or not.. I had a friend pay (rather a long time ago) and it made no difference at all. Some of those programs don't even bother with the 'after you pay' part because once they have your money they just don't care any more.

geek_little_egypt, Mar 28, 7:03 pm

lol!
same here!
yes #1, you need to remove it and get rid of it, if you dowload ccleaner, that will clean any garbage out of your registry, and temp files etc, 90% of those registry repair tools you see are fraudulent.

geek_nzoomed, Mar 28, 7:18 pm

Yeah , had a client get this one quite some time ago. He paid for it and downloaded the new all dancing paid version. Found nothing on running a scan. i didn't even bother playing around with it, just removed it and told him he had wasted his money and was a lesson well learnt by him.Which I am picking others will learn the hard way too.

geek_pheonix, Mar 28, 7:23 pm

Agree with all the above posts
If you are tempted to play with the registry use a program like
Tuneup Utilities, they have a free downloadable trial version

geek_sprinter51, Mar 28, 7:37 pm

Had home PC for 18 months, approx 1 month ago 'Registry Reviver' started popping up saying pc has errors. Only problem is, I don't know anything about reg.reviver, why its on my pc, what it is, should it be on my pc, should I/how to get rid of it. I have AVG installed and it says pc security features are working and up to date.

So, what to do about Registry Reviver!

geek_metaman, Mar 29, 4:52 pm

geek_lilyfield, Mar 29, 4:59 pm

Its asking if I want to 'repair errors'. Should I, do I need to - is this a baddie that I should uninstall!

geek_metaman, Mar 29, 5:49 pm

You don't need to do any repair with it. Uninstall it.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 29, 5:52 pm

Get rid of it,,,, as in uninstall it,,,,, and use Ccleaner.

Ccleaner is free and will clean out a lot of crap.

Here is the link.

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/ Add Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to you arsenal it works with along side all antivirus programs and is free and real good . Here is the link

http://tinyurl.com/487mno4

You have to update and scan manually with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Best of luck.

geek_pcfix4u, Mar 29, 7:01 pm

Or not. I had a friend pay (rather a long time ago) and it made no difference at all. Some of those programs don't even bother with the 'after you pay' part because once they have your money they just don't care any more.

geek_little_egypt, Mar 29, 7:03 pm

Yeah , had a client get this one quite some time ago. He paid for it and downloaded the new all dancing paid version. Found nothing on running a scan. i didn't even bother playing around with it, just removed it and told him he had wasted his money and was a lesson well learnt by him.Which I am picking others will learn the hard way too.

geek_pheonix, Mar 29, 7:23 pm

That Registry Reviver include in nearly every installer that you did not download froma trusted source, that why everytime you about to install something into your PC, you should check it step by step by not just always click the "Next" button all the time, uninstall it because it is not safe if it aggressively pop up like that, because a True Registry cleaner or repairer program will never do something that you never allow it to do. Only spyware or adware and viruses does.

geek_cgsdr007, Mar 29, 7:28 pm

That Registry Reviver include in nearly every installer that you did not download froma trusted source, that why everytime you about to install something into your PC, you should check it step by step by not just always click the "Next" button all the time, uninstall it because it is not safe if it aggressively pop up like that, because a True Registry cleaner or repairer program will never do something that you never allow it to do. Only spyware or adware and viruses does.

And another thing If you dont familiar with all those registry stuff, you should never install it as it will do even more damage to your PC, one single missing registry can cause your PC unable to start.

geek_cgsdr007, Mar 30, 7:28 pm

Hello geek_metaman,

The following article will help you understand what Registry Reviver is and offer instructions to uninstall it from your computer:

http://www.reviversoft.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=400

geek_techsupport, Apr 13, 7:24 pm