ITunes 64bit

put it on my new computer and now every time I plug the iPod in it makes the noise when you connect but it does not show up in itunes What is wrong?

geek_zak1998, Apr 4, 6:46 pm

Anyone help out re installed still the same

geek_zak1998, Apr 4, 8:33 pm

wait for a patch? check the sync cable? try a different usb port?
one of the top ports on my case only half works.
dunno really.
if it shows up in my computer then you know it's a problem with itunes. unless it's a mac then I don't know whether it should show up elsewhere or not

geek_carrot3, Apr 4, 9:32 pm

I've never been able to run iTunes on my 64bit XP Pro and I have tried various incarnations of iTunes. Tried all sorts of ways to install it but the machine ends up eating itself and crashes. No malware, no other problems; it's just with iTunes.Now I have an iPod I can't use! Maybe that's a good thing? lol. It's quite tricky to remove correctly too but I found a way by Googling. Good luck and I hope you get it to work.

geek_silvertiger7, Apr 5, 10:05 am

If i open iTunes before plugging in my iDevice it wont show up, if i unplug it then put it in again it still wont show up, if i plug it into a different USB port it shows up

geek_kane199, Apr 5, 3:27 pm

I also have itunes on a 64 bit dell pc - windows 7. My itunes works ok and I can sync with my ipod/ipad ok - only thing it no longer does is charge the ipod.

geek_bob7771, Apr 5, 3:31 pm

Try

copytrans manager

geek_rz_zone, Apr 5, 4:40 pm

put it on my new computer and now every time I plug the iPod in it makes the noise when you connect but it does not show up in itunes What is wrong!

geek_zak1998, Apr 5, 6:46 pm

wait for a patch! check the sync cable! try a different usb port!
one of the top ports on my case only half works.
dunno really.
if it shows up in my computer then you know it's a problem with itunes. unless it's a mac then I don't know whether it should show up elsewhere or not

geek_carrot3, Apr 5, 9:32 pm

I've never been able to run iTunes on my 64bit XP Pro and I have tried various incarnations of iTunes. Tried all sorts of ways to install it but the machine ends up eating itself and crashes. No malware, no other problems; it's just with iTunes.Now I have an iPod I can't use! Maybe that's a good thing! lol. It's quite tricky to remove correctly too but I found a way by Googling. Good luck and I hope you get it to work.

geek_silvertiger7, Apr 6, 10:05 am