Printer cartridges

gdnshack, Apr 4, 7:32am
I'm sick of paying high prices for printer ink and did a search of the subject in this forum and found a place in Palmerston North that was recommended by someone.Just a matter of sending the used cartridge away by freepost and they refill it and sent it back by courier.Very good prices too.But I can't remove the colour cartridge because the printer won't work with just the black cartridge left in.An alarm comes up.So I will have to buy a new colour cartridge so I can have one as a spare later on to send away for a refill.Printer is a MX340.

dunedin_ree, Apr 4, 7:35am
Turn it off then.

kiwitracy, Apr 4, 7:35am

gdnshack, Apr 4, 7:36am
But I was wondering also -apparently the cartridges have built in printer heads and they are quite delicate and instructions say not to touch any of the electronic parts etc when placing them in the printer.In that case could they be accidentally damaged in the mail or by the people filling them?

gdnshack, Apr 4, 7:37am
Yes, but I want to use the printer and it won't even print in black.

kiwitracy, Apr 4, 7:38am
Talk to Cartridge World, they have a shop in Kapiti, I notice thats your location?A phone call isn't much of a loss

gdnshack, Apr 4, 7:41am
Thanks, I see there is one in Kapiti.

gdnshack, Apr 5, 7:32am
I'm sick of paying high prices for printer ink and did a search of the subject in this forum and found a place in Palmerston North that was recommended by someone.Just a matter of sending the used cartridge away by freepost and they refill it and sent it back by courier.Very good prices too.But I can't remove the colour cartridge because the printer won't work with just the black cartridge left in.An alarm comes up.So I will have to buy a new colour cartridge so I can have one as a spare later on to send away for a refill.Printer is a MX340.

kiwitracy, Apr 5, 7:35am

gdnshack, Apr 5, 7:36am
But I was wondering also -apparently the cartridges have built in printer heads and they are quite delicate and instructions say not to touch any of the electronic parts etc when placing them in the printer.In that case could they be accidentally damaged in the mail or by the people filling them!

gdnshack, Apr 5, 7:37am
Yes, but I want to use the printer and it won't even print in black.

kiwitracy, Apr 5, 7:38am
Talk to Cartridge World, they have a shop in Kapiti, I notice thats your location!A phone call isn't much of a loss

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)