Wireless printer and wireless internet

izzy_c, Apr 12, 7:41am
So i have a hp laptop with bluetooth and a brother printer. printer should be able to be wireless. follow instructions from printer and then go into the comp and ask it to find the printer which it doesnt do. so do i need some antenna or am i just doing something wrong?also which is the best wireless station thing (sorry dont know what you call it...) to get, just need the wireless antenna thing, not the modem as i got satallite internet connection.thank you!

spyware, Apr 12, 7:46am
By wireless they typically mean 802.11g/n not bluetooth. Most wireless printers allow adhoc connections between computer and printer or infrastructure between printer an an access point.

spyware, Apr 12, 7:52am
So your laptop needs 802..11g/n adapter also. You then need an 802.11g/n access point and you need to be able to put your laptop, satellite device and printer on the same subnet. If you have a public IP adddress on your computer then you need another router to seperate the public WAN and route to a private LAN IP address subnet.

I would consult someone who knows what they are doing otherwise it may take you weeks to get anything working.

izzy_c, Apr 13, 7:41am
So i have a hp laptop with bluetooth and a brother printer. printer should be able to be wireless. follow instructions from printer and then go into the comp and ask it to find the printer which it doesnt do. so do i need some antenna or am i just doing something wrong!also which is the best wireless station thing (sorry dont know what you call it.) to get, just need the wireless antenna thing, not the modem as i got satallite internet connection.thank you!

spyware, Apr 13, 7:52am
So your laptop needs 802.11g/n adapter also. You then need an 802.11g/n access point and you need to be able to put your laptop, satellite device and printer on the same subnet. If you have a public IP adddress on your computer then you need another router to seperate the public WAN and route to a private LAN IP address subnet.

I would consult someone who knows what they are doing otherwise it may take you weeks to get anything working.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)