Where to buy cheap laptop power adaptors??

Have rung around to various computer and appliance stores for a new adaptor and they range from $90-$200. Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap 90W adaptor less than 90 bucks?

geek_maia13, Apr 26, 4:37 pm

trademe. put "90w laptop power adapter" into the search box ^up there^ and click search.

geek_chuckie30, Apr 26, 4:41 pm

Just be aware that some of those adapters are like Chinese fireworks. Don't ever leave your laptop plugged in unattended 'cos you may come back to a smoldering hole in the carpet.

geek_little_egypt, Apr 26, 5:01 pm

I got mine on here from barbiedolls, seems to advertise lots - all good so far (2 months, doesn't run too hot).

geek_r.g.nixon, Apr 26, 5:43 pm

if not finding your house burnt down.

geek_johnf_456, Apr 26, 7:00 pm

I did buy a cheap external hard drive adaptor from TM and yes it DID LITERALLY BLOW UP............blew itself apart.........always ran hot.......and one day......

geek_drcspy, Apr 26, 7:11 pm

As stated - be cautious buying here - Idid and 2 weeks later it went bang!!!

geek_go_redandblack, Apr 27, 4:09 pm

geek_lythande1, Apr 27, 4:14 pm

Jaycar ,90w,12-22volt,$83.90.

geek_37_south, Apr 27, 4:33 pm

I don't think buying a cheap one is worth it.They either blow the laptop Regulator up going over or under volts or get very hot a few have burst intoflames looking at feedback.A far better option is to buy a second hand original manufacturers charger off here.The aftermarket Dell chargers don't work as they don't have an ID chip in them.You didn't mention what brand you're looking for.

geek_gary06, Apr 27, 7:08 pm