ADSL2+ Wireless router for home under $300

Which ones are recommended. Just brought a new TP-lINK TD-W8960N after recommendations but seems to be flakely with wireless compared to my old 3com officeconnect. Any recommendations, has to be rj11 adsl

geek_ilottl, May 1, 8:43 pm

3com are great and all that I used until they became hard to get.

I like Netgear.

Cant understand why the TP-lINK TD-W8960Nis not performing it has all the wizz and bang.

geek_pcfix4u, May 1, 8:53 pm

What else has been changed?

geek_smac, May 1, 9:02 pm

Get a normal non wireless adsl2+ router, (anything will just about do), and get a ubiquito nanostation2 and plug it in to it.Should be able to do it for under $200.
Also, consider a VDSL2compatible router because Telecom should have it rolled out by Xmas

geek_d.snell, May 1, 9:11 pm

geek_spyware, May 1, 9:34 pm

geek_d.snell, May 1, 9:46 pm

Fritz!box 7270 will do the job nicely as well.Maybe a bit more in NZ dollars tho. Also allows pairing of phones for VOIP an does Wireless N as well/Other stuff as well which you can see on their site as well

geek_fraseroz1, May 1, 11:01 pm

3com do not exist anymore they are now taken over by HP: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2009/091111xa.html

Just in case you are not aware, but yip 3com make a great gear.

geek_johnf_456, May 1, 11:06 pm

well i got me over 1 year ago a linksys modem router from cisco with gigabit wireless lan, back then almost non had gigabit lan wrt-350 i think is its number modem router 2 in one. 250$ i have paid and i think its adsl-2

geek_intrade, May 2, 9:39 am

my last one was us-robotics and thats 3com. seems its now Hp could not find new 3com when i purchased my replacment however so switched to linksys.

geek_intrade, May 2, 9:41 am

Yup they are taking over but takes time to phase everything out.

geek_johnf_456, May 2, 10:57 am

hmmmsounds like my TP Linkbunch of problems.RangNZhelpnumber,get switched to Chinaand got chinese ladywho I could not understand.
My solutionwas to buya Belkin modem off trademe.All is well.

geek_brucie44, May 2, 12:13 pm