Anyone been involved in a scam by PC Online Care? Page 1 / 2

tongie, May 6, 9:22pm
We are constantly being contacted by them through phone calls and now emails.....anyone else been contacted by this overseas company?

pcfix4u, May 6, 9:45pm

tongie, May 7, 4:49am
;o)

tongie, May 11, 8:13pm
...anyone else???....

gibler, May 11, 8:37pm
there are a million threads..

princess4, May 12, 9:12am
Hi. I have been rung 2 times in the past month with a women telling me my PC has a virus in it and they will tell me how to fix it for a fee,I just tell them its already at the PC shop getting repaired, thank you, goodby.Could be the same fraudsters.Cheers

dunedin_ree, May 12, 9:30am
Why are you thanking people that are trying to scam you? Grow some balls and tell them to piss off.

johnf_456, May 12, 9:33am
Lol, reckon, one of the main reasons why I like to play with them.

guest, May 12, 9:56am
this is happening quite a lot. my friend was dalmost duped into paying these people over the phone when he was tricked into installing a program on his pc and then wanted him to pay for it. tell them your job is IT and they will soon hang up. i have had a few myself, i say to them hang on a min and leave the phone on the table so they waste there time lol. they soon go away

martinhb, May 12, 10:03am
Yeah, they are quite persistent. They called me at midnight once, so I sat down in front of the mac and did what they asked (we stalled pretty quickly) caller went off and got supervisor.. and still no luck. After 20 minutes I said, was it because I had a macintosh? (phone hangs up).

One the other day I just said "you want my credit card details now?" (phone hangs up).

chito, May 12, 8:04pm
I told him to piss offwznker. He yelled back in chinglish,"you bigbish winker in new zealand" and slamed the phone down. Ha ha.

smine, May 12, 8:09pm
Emails!!How did they get your email address?

youngagran, May 12, 10:21pm
I have been rung three times this week, the third time they asked for me by name, so now they not only have your phone number, they also have your name to go with that number. So I would imagine they now have our addresses
as well.

beurernz, May 16, 8:27am
How did they get your email address?

wishes, May 16, 8:29am
there was some talk it was from data taken from an insecure ISP not to long back

beurernz, May 16, 8:32am
or perhaps Facebook?

johnf_456, May 16, 8:38am
Gosh we get a lot of these threads, I wish trademe would do a sticky at the top for these threads. Whats everyone else's thoughts.

mr-word, May 16, 11:46am
These scam IT calls. I wonder if anyone gets calls and you
answer the phone and no one answers back?
Are they testing random phone numbers for humans to answer back? Then they ring back a couple of days later with a real operator on the phones which were answered?

ctnz, May 16, 8:20pm
A co-worker has even been rung twice, I have not been rung at all, feeling very left out, sniff...

little_egypt, May 16, 9:07pm
They have an autodialler (just a computer program) that rings LOTS of numbers on all the lines that aren't already in use as quickly as it can, and as soon as they reach a number that gets a voice (IE someone answered) they transfer it to the next available operator.

But sometimes there is no 'next available operator' to handle the call, which is why sometimes you get called and there's no-one there or all you hear is 'goodbye' and they hang up.

beurernz, May 17, 4:39am
Why .Anyone who has a complain can post here !

gdnshack, May 17, 4:46am
We are still waiting for them to call us too.Want to have some fun with them.......

johnf_456, May 17, 4:50am
Yeah but its not just this thread its probably hundreds of them

mr-word, May 17, 4:53am
I can't wait to give these people some f-bombs over the phone.

mr-word, May 17, 6:27am
I just got a phantom phone call I wonder if it was them ringing.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)