Eyetoy camera wont work under windows 7 64bit...

I have a sony PS2 eyetoy camera that ive used as a webcam for the past 5 years, works great as a webcam, but there is no 64 bit driver available, yet it will work fine on ubuntu or most other linux distros in 64 bit.
Seems the linux developers have developed some open source linux drivers for this range of webcams (logitech, dlink and namtai), yet there is nothing coded for windows, obviously it must be possible to write a 64 bit driver for linux, so you think it should be technically possible for windows.
pity you cant run 32bit drivers in windows7, it handles 32bit applications alright, you would think they would of made it the same for older drivers.
Thats one of the headaches with moving over to 64 bit.

geek_nzoomed, May 13, 12:40 pm

I have a Microtek scanner and a Panasonic camcorder GS150 that won't work with 64 bit W7.
That's why I created a small partition and loaded Vista HP, 32 bit, just to be able to still use my scanner and camcorder.

geek_fishb8, May 13, 1:12 pm

I have a Microtek scanner and a Panasonic camcorder GS150 that won't work with 64 bit W7.
That's why I created a small partition and loaded Vista HP, 32 bit, just to be able to still use my scanner and camcorder.

geek_fishb8, May 14, 1:12 pm