Monitor problem.

I have a Philips 190B LCD monitor that I bought Feb 07. It has just started showing a box with the volume setting in the middle of the screen over top of anything thats open.
Pushing any of the buttons on the monitor makes no difference.
Is there anything I can do to fix this such as a software download or is it terminal?
Cheers Stevo

geek_stevo2, May 20, 6:10 am

Have you tried the monitor in a different pc? If it doesn't do it in another pc, then it's not the monitor aye. Have you tried Googling your problem? ie. http://www.fixya.com/search/p396945-philips_190b6cb_27_19in_lcd_blk/philips_190b

geek_hakatere1, May 20, 10:21 am

I assume you have tried leaving it unplugged for a while, then trying it again.

geek_johnf_456, May 20, 10:45 am

I have tried my old Acer Al1512 (15") on the comp and its running sweet as. Re-tried the Philips the next day but still the same.
I need to repair or replace the 19"
Cheers Stevo

geek_stevo2, May 20, 10:41 pm

Jammed button. Had similar happen to my Philips LCD

geek_ruki1, May 20, 11:49 pm

I have a Philips 190B LCD monitor that I bought Feb 07. It has just started showing a box with the volume setting in the middle of the screen over top of anything thats open.
Pushing any of the buttons on the monitor makes no difference.
Is there anything I can do to fix this such as a software download or is it terminal!
Cheers Stevo

geek_stevo2, May 21, 6:10 am

Yep, sure is.
A white box with the word volume and arrows pointing left and right.
Jammed button sounds about right.
Can I fix it?
Cheers Stevo

geek_stevo2, May 21, 6:57 am

Have you tried the monitor in a different pc! If it doesn't do it in another pc, then it's not the monitor aye. Have you tried Googling your problem! ie. http://www.fixya.com/search/p396945-philips_190b6cb_27_19in_lcd_blk/philips_190b

geek_hakatere1, May 21, 10:21 am

Pull it apart if you feel comfortable enough and check the button are not stuck down. Look for anything obvious, you're into cars so it should be piece of cake dismantling it. Go for it and good luck.

geek_johnf_456, May 21, 10:50 am

Disconnect it from the power and squirt 'contact cleaner' into the buttons and allow it to dry for 30 minutes before reconnecting the power.

geek_gyrogearloose, May 21, 10:53 am

Thanks hakatere1.
Google is your friend eh.
The volume up button was jammed in so I put a knife in behind it and levered it out.
Seems to work fine now
Cheers Stevo

geek_stevo2, May 21, 11:23 am

Jammed button. Had similar happen to my Philips LCD.
Also are you certain it is volume and not"brightness" or "Contrast" slider you are seeing!

geek_ruki1, May 21, 11:49 pm

Yep, sure is.
A white box with the word volume and arrows pointing left and right.
Jammed button sounds about right.
Can I fix it!
Cheers Stevo

geek_stevo2, May 22, 6:57 am

Pull it apart if you feel comfortable enough and check the button are not stuck down. Look for anything obvious, you're into cars so it should be piece of cake dismantling it. Go for it and good luck.

geek_johnf_456, May 22, 10:50 am

Disconnect it from the power and squirt 'contact cleaner' into the buttons and allow it to dry for 30 minutes before reconnecting the power.

geek_gyrogearloose, May 22, 10:53 am

Having the same problem atm! Driving me nutters and having no luck with the knife trick. Might have to switch back to the old one for now.

geek_guest, Dec 31, 2:49 am

just had the same problem. The fact that when i adjusted the volume downward it went right back up by itself indicated that the "up" volume button was jammed. so i flicked on it a few times with my finger and that freed it and after pressing "ok" the box disappeared

geek_guest, Nov 12, 4:22 am

The flick works!!

geek_guest, Dec 16, 5:55 am