Advice Please

When leaving Laptop in hibernate mode, how long can u leave it in this mode please?

geek_craftylady1, May 21, 5:17 pm

forever.........hibernate turns the machine OFF.....

geek_drcspy, May 21, 5:59 pm

sleep mode however leaves it on but in very low power mode ....

geek_drcspy, May 21, 6:00 pm

Thanks for that.....so how long can i keep it on sleep mode?

geek_craftylady1, May 22, 7:18 am

I have NO idea how long YOUR battery will last on sleep mode - you'll have to figurer that one out

geek_drcspy, May 22, 7:26 am

Its not the battery mode im thinking about....but wether i can leave in in a mode for an hour? 2 hours? all day etc

geek_craftylady1, May 22, 8:33 am

For ever if you have infinite battery!

geek_r.g.nixon, May 22, 8:39 am

what do you mean ?

geek_drcspy, May 22, 8:42 am

welll...if im going to the gym, or to the shops...and lappy is plugged in...is it ok to leave it in sleep mode, or is it best if i turn it off altogether?

geek_craftylady1, May 22, 10:01 am

i just leave mine on when i go out, it either goes flat or goes into sleep mode.. never had a problem with it so far, if its plugged in it just stays in sleep mode till i push a button, quite often do this while im at work, use it before i go to work but while its plugged in and forget about it

geek_hayleynadam, May 22, 10:08 am

obviously if i'ts plugged in it wont matter a damn what 'mode' you leave it ............

geek_drcspy, May 22, 10:53 am

When leaving Laptop in hibernate mode, how long can u leave it in this mode please!

geek_craftylady1, May 22, 5:17 pm

forever.hibernate turns the machine OFF.

geek_drcspy, May 22, 5:59 pm

sleep mode however leaves it on but in very low power mode .

geek_drcspy, May 22, 6:00 pm

It still drains your battery

geek_roryton, May 22, 7:40 pm

I'd suggest that sleep mode uses less power than the adaptor supplies so that when plugged in it does NOT drain the battery......and it WON'T use ANY power on hibernate cause the machine is OFF.......

geek_drcspy, May 22, 7:46 pm

Uhhh.. when running normally it ought to use less power that the adapter supplies.. otherwise it'd be pretty damn frustrating, you'd have to turn it off and not use it for a few hours every day just so the battery could charge up.

geek_little_egypt, May 22, 7:53 pm

Just wanted to make sure if its safe...thanks for the advice

geek_craftylady1, May 22, 8:08 pm

Thanks for that.so how long can i keep it on sleep mode!

geek_craftylady1, May 23, 7:18 am

I have NO idea how long YOUR battery will last on sleep mode - you'll have to figurer that one out

geek_drcspy, May 23, 7:26 am

Its not the battery mode im thinking about.but wether i can leave in in a mode for an hour! 2 hours! all day etc

geek_craftylady1, May 23, 8:33 am

what do you mean !

geek_drcspy, May 23, 8:42 am

welll.if im going to the gym, or to the shops.and lappy is plugged in.is it ok to leave it in sleep mode, or is it best if i turn it off altogether!

geek_craftylady1, May 23, 10:01 am

i just leave mine on when i go out, it either goes flat or goes into sleep mode. never had a problem with it so far, if its plugged in it just stays in sleep mode till i push a button, quite often do this while im at work, use it before i go to work but while its plugged in and forget about it

geek_hayleynadam, May 23, 10:08 am

obviously if i'ts plugged in it wont matter a damn what 'mode' you leave it .

geek_drcspy, May 23, 10:53 am

I'd suggest that sleep mode uses less power than the adaptor supplies so that when plugged in it does NOT drain the battery.and it WON'T use ANY power on hibernate cause the machine is OFF.

geek_drcspy, May 23, 7:46 pm

Uhhh. when running normally it ought to use less power that the adapter supplies. otherwise it'd be pretty damn frustrating, you'd have to turn it off and not use it for a few hours every day just so the battery could charge up.

geek_little_egypt, May 23, 7:53 pm

Just wanted to make sure if its safe.thanks for the advice

geek_craftylady1, May 23, 8:08 pm