Anyone using PDQ broadband from TelstraClear?

grannymum, Jun 5, 2:54am
Anyone using PDQ broadband from TelstraClear? Thinking about getting it (the cheapest Version) & just wondered if it is a lot faster than dial-up & are you happy with it?

0800xford, Jun 5, 3:15am
speaking for myself ONLY i found that company appallingly difficult to deal with and just not worth it at all. with slingshot now and happy as =)

therafter1, Jun 5, 3:26am
I am the speeds are fine, but I wouldn't go with the cheapest plan I would go with the next one up (turbo I think it is called) for only a few dollars more per month and what 0800xford said is correct, but I don't have to call them much so don't find it a biggie when I do have to call.

dukeofearl, Jun 5, 3:33am
Yeah me to been with them a year and happy about it I am on the cheapest plan and its fast enuff for me called them a couple of times long waits but problem always fixed. I say go for it.

0800xford, Jun 5, 3:35am
i only called them a couple of times [roadworks up this end of town killed some stuff]...

mcdonald71, Jun 5, 4:08am
I thinkthat they're actually quite good. The speeds arn't that impressive as we're in a rural town. But to be honest they are a little bit confusing when dealing with them, but not much.

dogomania, Jun 5, 5:17am
Ive been with them for 6 years Their speeds vary greatly, at times its very fast, at others it could just just slightly faster than dial up. I have called their help desk about 10 times before, and i've always waited for between 40mins and 2 hours. I personally find them appalling and am hoping to change soon, withing the next 2 months. Personally, i think XNET would be much better and that is who i would change to.

grannymum, Jun 5, 10:34pm
Thankyou Thanks very much for your input - will think about it a bit longer lol!

tigra, Jun 5, 10:46pm
I have had PDQ for about 8 months and we recently installed Xtra's broadband at a different location.
PDQ offers 1gb for $24.95 but Xtra only gives you 200mb for the same price. 1gb is enough for me ( mostly emails and very little downloading) but 200 is no where enough and the next option of 3gb for $30+ is over kill.

grannymum, Jun 6, 7:41am
Tigra thanks for that. Are you happy with the speed of PDQ?

doomy999, Jun 6, 7:46am
Im with them, on the pdq 10 gig plan felt ripped after they told me I could buy in either 1 gig or 10 gig amounts, then after I got the plan found once over 10GB, you have to buy another 10gb, even if its only 1 day till the next months 10 gig rolls over. Keep meaning to ditch them. Gots to get off my backside and change.

pcfix4u, Jun 6, 7:56am
Been with them 5 years found them great as I deal with alot of other ISP in my job.
I found there help service great,
they will take your number and callback if theres a a long wait.

jon9, Jun 6, 8:02am
.Ive been with them one month but am on cable internet. Its very fast but hold hell customer service for tech problems has been 40 mins + the 2 times I called. Really poor as everything else is great :D

tigra, Jun 6, 8:32am
Re # 10 gp you always want it faster but I'm relatively happy with the speed. Not as good as overseas BB I'm told but hopefully it will get better

grannymum, Jun 7, 5:55am
Thanks for your input everyone, much appreciated

ponyboy, Jun 7, 10:38am
We are rural & on PDQ TUrbo no problems at all & on the 1GB plan, only been over the 1GB once in 18 months, d/l speeds vary with time of day & never very fast when school holidays are on but overall have been very pleased.

rissla, Jun 7, 10:46pm
Have PDQ and have had no problems. Re; the call center service, from what I can ascertain, talking to other people with other ISP'S, the long waits seem to be par for the course. Still, PDQ is damned site better than dial up.Good luck.

lifesteala, Jun 7, 10:52pm
Yep! I've put family on it and even a few friends! Two calls took a while but since getting it they've had no probs whatsoever! I say go for it too.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)