ADSL Router question

Hey, I'm currently with vodafone, I used to use a DSL604G modem. I've been given an router that orcon hands out with their plans..

Now, on the 604, it only connects at ADSL1, but on the orcon router, connects at full ADSL2+..
BUT on the orcon router, it won't connect to the internet, only the exchange "/ any help? cheers

geek_joyfoster_, May 26, 8:16 pm

Have you reset the modem, entered your username and password, and set all the correct options?

geek_gyrogearloose, May 26, 8:20 pm

Yep, correct username password correct, also set PPPoA with VC MUX etc etc. Not too sure. I remember that certain companies modems wouldn't work with others, eg telecom modems with vodafone as well. The ADSL light comes on, but the internet light doesn't

geek_joyfoster_, May 26, 8:28 pm

VPI:8 VCI:35 PPPoE LLC/SNAP-BRIDGING
oh, you have the PPPoA set incorrectly...

geek_gyrogearloose, May 26, 8:33 pm

Oh wow, I must of been on a foreign vodafone website "/

geek_joyfoster_, May 26, 8:34 pm

Actually I'm scratching my head now, maybe I'm wrong and why does my modem still work? :http://help.vodafone.co.nz/ap-
p/topics/search/1/topic_name/I-
nternet/c/4175/

geek_gyrogearloose, May 26, 8:37 pm

VPI=100, VCI=0, VC MUX. Doesn't connect to Internet because password is incorrect.

geek_spyware, May 26, 9:04 pm

And incorrect password is easily verified by examining the log file.

geek_spyware, May 26, 9:11 pm

Cheers, I'll reset it and try it - thank god for iPhone hotspot or i'd be offline "/

geek_joyfoster_, May 28, 11:43 am

Alternatively, you might be able to upgrade the firmware on your old 604 to make it ADSL2+ capable.Give it a google if you reach a dead-end with the Orcon router.

geek_floydbloke, May 28, 6:32 pm