Cold Calling IT Scammers Page 6 / 14

valentino, Jul 1, 2:32am
IRD Scam is raging now.... Hmmmm

Please return for tax refund,,, LO loudly, never asked for a credit details - but neverless be watchful.

icioufa, Jul 1, 5:55am
Wow 3rd call this time they told me i was using a M$ O/S ...
I said how can that be we all areusing Linux .
Another Hangup geez give a man a break ....lol

galex, Jul 4, 9:09am
Bee Hump

little_egypt, Jul 5, 8:45am

little_egypt, Jul 5, 8:57am
What's even more interesting though, is that apparently victims of the scam are paying an average of well over a thousand dollars a time to have their machines cleared of potential trojans afterwards. It seems the Indians aren't the only ones making a bit of profit from this scam..

smileyface2, Jul 6, 4:02am
Indian guy called second day in a row saying he was from Computer Soultions IT department asking if I had a computer and was it switched on!Grrr, just hung up.Scammers!!!!

johnf_456, Jul 7, 10:10am
Good on ya

mrfxit, Jul 8, 10:53am
Works now.
This thread has been linked to a "sticky" thread ^ ^UP ^ ^ there at the top

angeldust33, Jul 8, 12:56pm
Scams have been around for years and the scammers know who to target and they buy and sell info such as email addresses and phone numbers. There is an IRS email scam going around at present it has an infected attachment they want you to open so that they can then track where you go online and then hack your accounts. The best place to let people know is facebook most people are on it and it's the fastest way to get the message out there. As soon as I get wind of a scam I tell people. Some foolish nigerian emailed me asking for my help to invest 24 million dollars told him to f off and haven't heard from him since. Scammers will use gods name in vane, have poor grammar and spelling and tell you to keep it a secret. They must think people are idiots. A good place to learn about scams is 419eater.com

muzzaandmich, Jul 9, 8:40am
just had caller saying microsoft servicecentre,,,he didnt get a chance to say anythingtold him he was a scam and hung upbeen getting these on and off for a couple weeks,,,,nowgetting a bit pissed off

mattnzw, Jul 9, 9:03am
Caller display shows 91676 when they phone. They are out in force tonight as have had two calls from the scammers. Surely telecom could block this number, as it is all over google that it is a scammers number.

johnf_456, Jul 9, 9:42am
It sure is very common unfortunately the scammers fake their number by what is called voip, which makes it hard for them to close in on them. They target the whole word, most english speaking countrys.

mattnzw, Jul 9, 9:56am
Yes I also suspect it will only get worse, as voip is free, so it doesn't cost them anything, and they will eventually be automated..It is basically the next form of spam.

johnf_456, Jul 9, 9:58am
Sadly yes it is getting worse and they have been doing it for a few years now and only targeting NZ in recent times. I believe the fair go website has a good low down on them. The key is if it sounds too good to be true or if it doesn't sound right then it is most likely not real. They are very pushy and I have had about 3 of them myself.

angeldust33, Jul 9, 10:20pm
Record times dates of these calls and if you have 3 seperate times contact telecom they can then investigate and take appropriate action as what they are doing is a breech of the telecommunications act

chooken1, Jul 10, 12:54am
what about silent calls, is anyone getting those. I had 5 yesterday. someone else had that happen to them. they stayed on the phone and after 20 seconds the computer voice said 'goodbye'then ended the call.

galex, Jul 11, 6:36am
... --- ...

bswit, Jul 11, 11:15am
I had about 5 of these calls in about 3 weeks.The first four times I was very rude and basically told the caller to get f****d and that I was calling the police, but they kept calling back.... ***sigh***The last time one called I asked him how he got the name "Richard" with an accent like that... He hung up straight away and I havn't had a call from them in over a month.The next time they called, I was gonna ask if his parents were proud of him for stealing from innocent people, and then the next time, time allowing, I was just going to pretend to play along for a 1/2 hour or so, and waste THEIR time.See how long it took for them to get mad and hang up.

johnf_456, Jul 12, 11:24am
Good on ya

flashpak, Jul 12, 11:54am
got another one tonight...this time they were on about my internet connection...I let them do their spiel...and just sald that I did not have a computer..they soon hung up.

deodar1, Jul 12, 12:38pm
There's an insidious Lotto scam now too.A rotorua family got told they'd won
$10 million last week at countdown.Yeah right! My advice would be to rip up
the ticket &scatter it to the winds.

deodar1, Jul 12, 12:44pm
Whatever don't fill in a claim form& provide your bank a/c #

galex, Jul 14, 10:15am
......pmub

plumbernick, Jul 15, 9:05am
bump de bump

gsimpson, Jul 15, 9:14am
1. Vain is used as an adjective to mean: without much value or significance; excessively proud or concerned about one's own appearance, personal qualities or achievements. The expression "in vain" as in "I argued in vain" means without achieving one's purpose.

2. Vane, a noun, most frequently refers to a device used to determine the direction of wind.

3. Vein as a noun refers to blood vessels that carry blood from various body parts to the heart. Similarly, veins also are tissues that form the principal framework of a leaf or line-markings in marble or rocks. Also, vein means a condition or manner (as in "in a serious vein.") As a verb vein means to supply with veins.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)