Receipt for your PayPal payment to.....SCAM

paora-tm, May 28, 10:02pm
Dear Customer,
>
> You sent a payment of $137.38 USD to surfermom2
> (craig.lister@yahoo.com) Thanks for using PayPal. To see all the
> transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.
> It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your
> account.

Only got two of these this morning - exactly the same sent to two email accounts.

There is a FAKE Paypal link for you to go to so you can dispute the purchase and give all your paypal details for some nasty person to use.

Take care.

swivel, May 28, 10:06pm
Well for starters, If your a PP customer and they contact you, They use your name (alwasy a good sign) and also you would know if you sent a payment, because you have to log into PP.

Best and ALWAYS DO

Right click on the link and select properties and see what the URL addy is.

pip4, May 28, 10:40pm
OH NOnot ANOTHER scam thread...
;-)
Actually I had the exact same one...but I didnt go to the PP link..never do that thru email..just log on to your account if needed to be checked...

crzyhrse, May 29, 4:09am
The scam works by making the dozy PayPal users panic and think that someone has hijacked their account and made a payment with it and they then rush to log in using the link to the fake site.

paora-tm, May 29, 4:39am
That being the reason why I posted - so easy to get caught out by this one. I have to admit that even I panicked a little when I read my first email. I don't think warnings like this can ever be posted enough.

apostrophe, May 29, 6:16am
Yep - our computer got this exact same email today, too. Good to have been forewarned so didn't even need to think about it.

patch2112, May 29, 6:50am
Gawd...my paypal account did get hacked last year.....they took US$300 from me!!!Got it reversed though fortunately......

swivel, May 29, 6:57am
Why ?? When you signed up for PP, It states a few times (and any e-mails from them) that the will only ever use your real name and user name in brackets.

So as soon as you see "Dear user or Dear customer ETC" you know it's fake.

But then posting this thread won't help the majority as just look at the phone scammer threads, Been posted for over a year and yet people don't take note.

paora-tm, May 29, 7:09am
Not everyone is on top of things as you are. Applause for you. How do you know how many people have heeded the advice about any scams they have been alerted about? People often post here about the fun they've had with scammers trying to con them with scams mentioned here.

pip4, May 29, 10:40pm
OH NOnot ANOTHER scam thread.
;-)
Actually I had the exact same one.but I didnt go to the PP link.never do that thru email.just log on to your account if needed to be checked.

crzyhrse, May 30, 4:09am
The scam works by making the dozy PayPal users panic and think that someone has hijacked their account and made a payment with it and they then rush to log in using the link to the fake site.

apostrophe, May 30, 6:16am
Yep - our computer got this exact same email today, too. Good to have been forewarned so didn't even need to think about it.

patch2112, May 30, 6:50am
Gawd.my paypal account did get hacked last year.they took US$300 from me!Got it reversed though fortunately.

swivel, May 30, 6:57am
Why ! When you signed up for PP, It states a few times (and any e-mails from them) that the will only ever use your real name and user name in brackets.

So as soon as you see "Dear user or Dear customer ETC" you know it's fake.

But then posting this thread won't help the majority as just look at the phone scammer threads, Been posted for over a year and yet people don't take note.

guest, Apr 26, 12:08pm
Thanks as I just got the same email this morning...putting it in my junk box immediately!

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)