Is the Brother 7340 printer a good one to buy??

jubre, Jun 2, 11:02pm
I am looking for a new printer for our small business, and wanted to get copy, scan & fax this time.
I guess with printers becoming cheaper nowday, the price of the cartridge is important too. I havnt looked into that yet,
One person has told me that this is a good one.

badcam, Jun 3, 12:06am
I have two of these and I love using them.

They work well in both Windows and Linux and stand up well to a reasonable amount of use. Scanning is great and the fax works every time. If i was looking for another MFC laser, I'd be more than happy to get another. However, You might want to think about getting the version similar to this, but with the built in network network card. That way you can plug it into a switch or router, leave it running all the time and anyone on your network can be set up to use it.

paora-tm, Jun 3, 1:02am
I haven't heard anyone say a Brother printer was a good one before. :)

drcspy, Jun 3, 1:03am
well personally I"ll vote for my dcp-165c (brother) it's been exceptionally reliable and it costs me virtually nothing to refill the carts myself and thats very simple.......

alliecat1, Jun 3, 2:43am
Brother laser are good.We have had a 7340 for about 9 months now and have found it excellent.(Small business).I wouldn't buy a Brother ink jet though.

drcspy, Jun 3, 4:14am
well i've found mine to be trouble free

jubre, Jun 3, 4:27am
Thankyou for your input here guys.
I rang cartridge world for a price on a new cartridge and they say $65 inc gst.
Not sure about refilling a cartridge myself, sounds messy!

drcspy, Jun 3, 4:40am
well I get a little ink on my fingers but hey it washes off easily enough in a day or so ...........and the ink well I use CISS refill ink which was given to me but usually costs $50 for red/yellow/blue and black (all four colours) and they're 100Ml bottles so they're goin to last a long time even if you print a LOT.Takes me a couple of mins to refill a cartridge.....................-
worth it..................

badcam, Jun 4, 12:06am
I have two of these and I love using them.

They work well in both Windows and Linux and stand up well to a reasonable amount of use. Scanning is great and the fax works every time. If i was looking for another MFC laser, I'd be more than happy to get another. However, You might want to think about getting the version similar to this, but with the built in network network card. That way you can plug it into a switch or router, leave it running all the time and anyone on your network can be set up to use it.

drcspy, Jun 4, 1:03am
well personally I"ll vote for my dcp-165c (brother) it's been exceptionally reliable and it costs me virtually nothing to refill the carts myself and thats very simple.

alliecat1, Jun 4, 2:43am
Brother laser are good.We have had a 7340 for about 9 months now and have found it excellent.(Small business).I wouldn't buy a Brother ink jet though.

drcspy, Jun 4, 4:14am
well i've found mine to be trouble free

drcspy, Jun 4, 4:40am
well I get a little ink on my fingers but hey it washes off easily enough in a day or so .and the ink well I use CISS refill ink which was given to me but usually costs $50 for red/yellow/blue and black (all four colours) and they're 100Ml bottles so they're goin to last a long time even if you print a LOT.Takes me a couple of mins to refill a cartridge.-
worth it.

raewyn2, Jun 5, 5:05am
For home laser printers I've only ever had Brother and have found them 100% trouble free. The great thing is you don't pay for a new drum every time you need toner. When you do need a drum, it costs more than a new printer, but that's fine because by then you've had your money's worth out of it. And that's the point at which I replace the printer. I think i'm on ot the third since 1995.

We also had Brother lasers at work (large organisation) until we changed to big fancy copier/scanners under a corporate contract. As far as I know the Brothers were reliable and cost effective in that environment too.

sapper1, Jun 6, 2:32am
MFC 7340, brilliant. Have never had trouble with Brother printers and I have had a fair few over the years.

raewyn2, Jun 6, 5:05am
For home laser printers I've only ever had Brother and have found them 100% trouble free. The great thing is you don't pay for a new drum every time you need toner. When you do need a drum, it costs more than a new printer, but that's fine because by then you've had your money's worth out of it. And that's the point at which I replace the printer. I think I'm on to the third since 1995.

We also had Brother lasers at work (large organisation) until we changed to big fancy copier/scanners under a corporate contract. As far as I know the Brothers were reliable and cost effective in that environment too.

faa_luke, Jun 6, 8:30am
Great for scanning to email / copying a pile of documents in one go.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)