Adobe Flash Player and Windows 7

Hi my new laptop does not have flash and have been trying to download it but following the website prompts I cannot get past the page that lists "Depending on your security settings, you may encounter these steps:", I dont enounter any of these so how do I get to the actual download bit ????

geek_bethel1, Jun 4, 8:03 am

Don't give Windows 7 the red face, as Flash works very well with 7, But for your setup there is a problem, So what Virus program do you run, Also go to www.filehippo.com and get the Flash from there.

geek_swivel, Jun 4, 8:18 am

bethel1... I have the exact same problem as you using IE8 but when I use FireFox the flash player works... and yes I diabled my antivirus when downloading.. sorry I can't help I have simply given up now!

geek_oakie, Jun 4, 9:37 am

Dear swivel, ta so much, the filehippo link worked fine, all other roads led to the Adobe site for downloads which basically took you in a loop to the same place, highly recommended to anyone else with this problem

geek_bethel1, Jun 4, 11:25 am

What IEare you using, there are two different IE 9, one for 64 bit and the other is the normal. There isn't one yet for IE 9. Need to use IE 9 normal for flash player to be used. If anything else then follow other posters suggestions.

geek_valentino, Jun 4, 1:29 pm

Just use the latest flash player, looks like swivel did something naughty.

geek_johnf_456, Jun 4, 1:35 pm

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/is it really that hard for some people???

geek_velenski, Jun 4, 3:01 pm

Hi my new laptop does not have flash and have been trying to download it but following the website prompts I cannot get past the page that lists "Depending on your security settings, you may encounter these steps:", I dont enounter any of these so how do I get to the actual download bit !

geek_bethel1, Jun 5, 8:03 am

bethel1. I have the exact same problem as you using IE8 but when I use FireFox the flash player works. and yes I diabled my antivirus when downloading. sorry I can't help I have simply given up now!

geek_oakie, Jun 5, 9:37 am

What IEare you using, there are two different IE 9, one for 64 bit and the other is the normal. There isn't one yet for IE 9. Need to use IE 9 normal for flash player to be used. If anything else then follow other posters suggestions.

geek_valentino, Jun 5, 1:29 pm

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/is it really that hard for some people!

geek_velenski, Jun 5, 3:01 pm

Depending on your security settings, you may encounter these steps:

geek_guest, Jul 1, 10:35 am