HP printer fault!

biggal, Jun 7, 10:35pm
I've owned an HP C7180 All-in-one for about 4 years and its been great.But the other day when I opened it up to fit a new ink cart. I found a big fat glossy cockroach inside.I prised him out and knocked him on tthe floor, chased him around, and cornered him (or her) and it is now just a memory. This morning I lifted the lid in time to see another CR disappear into the works - don't worry I 'll get the sucker. The question is how? I could (1) dismantle the printer (2)Spray inside with insect spray (unwise) (3) Dear reader, this where you come in with a solution and a chance to make a name for yourself. No thanks Drcspy, even with your breathtaking intellect I do not require anupper-case spiced, contribution from you

swivel, Jun 7, 10:40pm
No help from here as well then,

r.g.nixon, Jun 7, 11:05pm
(3) Gamma radiation

pheonix, Jun 8, 12:24am
Maybe an idea would be to put it in a plastic rubbish bag. Spray a heap of pyrethrum spray and seal up tightly for a few hours. The pyrethrum spray is what they use in those auto spray units. It isn't corrosive , just a nerve gas really, so will be fine.

gibler, Jun 8, 1:02am
yep don't want the doctor's help .. then none from me.

hakatere1, Jun 8, 1:37am
Hey biggal, not only do you want free advice, you want to choose who gives you that advice. My advice, try doing some housework.

drcspy, Jun 8, 1:49am
+1 ON THAT !!!(dontcha just LOVE those CAPS)

lythande1, Jun 8, 3:23am
Ring pest control, have them come round and spray the place - if they're in the printer, I hate to think what your kitchen is like.
And clean up the place more often.

gdnshack, Jun 8, 3:36am
It would pay to check your fridge as well.Those rascals hide in the back because they love warm places.Do you leave your printer switched on all the time?

biggal, Jun 8, 8:16am
No, I turn it off when out and at night. We have lived in our house 45 years and only now on the North Shore have cockroaches emerged as a pest. My housekeeper (wife) btw is outrageously fastidious about cleanliness.Nos 5,6,7 and 8. Winging its way to you is a virtual pair of my crusty shortsfor you to eat. Enjoy.

nzmu, Jun 8, 12:33pm
If you can, put the printer in a small room for a day or two with an xpra automatic insect sprayer. That will fix them.

lythande1, Jun 8, 8:04pm
Must be those shorts then the bugs are eating because you don't get roach infestations where there is no food for them.

biggal, Jun 8, 9:44pm
My posts are very much in the spirit of Mark Twain but as usualthe subtlety goes over the head of the eager intenselot in here, mesmerised by technology. Haven't heard from Mark for a while - hope he's alright

biggal, Jun 8, 10:35pm
I've owned an HP C7180 All-in-one for about 4 years and its been great.But the other day when I opened it up to fit a new ink cart. I found a big fat glossy cockroach inside.I prised him out and knocked him on the floor, chased him around, and cornered him (or her) and it is now just a memory. This morning I lifted the lid in time to see another CR disappear into the works - don't worry I 'll get the sucker. The question is how! I could (1) dismantle the printer (unwise) (2)Spray inside with insect spray (unwise) (3) Dear reader, this where you come in with a solution and a chance to make a name for yourself. No thanks Drcspy, even with your breathtaking intellect I do not require anupper-case spiced, contribution from you

pheonix, Jun 9, 12:24am
Maybe an idea would be to put it in a plastic rubbish bag. Spray a heap of pyrethrum spray and seal up tightly for a few hours. The pyrethrum spray is what they use in those auto spray units. It isn't corrosive , just a nerve gas really, so will be fine.

gibler, Jun 9, 1:02am
yep don't want the doctor's help . then none from me.

drcspy, Jun 9, 1:49am
+1 ON THAT !(dontcha just LOVE those CAPS)

gdnshack, Jun 9, 2:22am
Roaches can already be in something that you bring into the house.Years ago my Dad was fixing a heater in his basement and they were in that and somehow escaped into the kitchen.Got into the ansaphone and hot water cupboard (warm places).Doesn't matter how clean you are!Only way we got rid of them was a contact spray.They would walk on that and after 2 months they were gone!

lythande1, Jun 9, 3:23am
Ring pest control, have them come round and spray the place - if they're in the printer, I hate to think what your kitchen is like.
And clean up the place more often.

gdnshack, Jun 9, 3:36am
It would pay to check your fridge as well.Those rascals hide in the back because they love warm places.Do you leave your printer switched on all the time!

biggal, Jun 9, 3:47am
Cockroaches can be very discerning. They turn there noses up at my crusty shorts . It seems appropriate then that you should eat my crusty shorts too. Bon Appetit

lythande1, Jun 9, 8:04pm
Must be those shorts then the bugs are eating because you don't get roach infestations where there is no food for them.

biggal, Jun 9, 9:44pm
My posts are very much in the spirit of Mark Twain but as usualthe subtlety goes over the head of the eager intenselot in here, mesmerised by technology. Haven't heard from Mark for a while - hope he's alright

gdnshack, Jun 10, 2:22am
Roaches can already be in something that you bring into the house.Years ago my Dad was fixing a heater in his basement and they were in that and somehow escaped into the kitchen.Got into the ansaphone and hot water cupboard (warm places).Doesn't matter how clean you are!Only way we got rid of them was a contact spray.They would walk on that and after 2 months they were gone!

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)