Black printer ink

gdnshack, Jun 9, 2:38am
I wonder if many people like me set the black ink printer settings to "draft" or "fast" instead of high or standard.It is so worth doing.I have a Canon MX340 and use the "fast" setting and would probably print out 80 - 100 pages a month, mainly emails etc but this latest cartridge just never seems to run out.(PG510).Used to own a Canon MP110 and didn't get as good a result out of that one.Anyway the "low ink setting" warning came up on the 3rd May and it still hasn't run out.
I've looked at refillable cartridges and was told that sometimes there can be problems with the electronics if they are damaged and got some instructions on how to reset the printer menu so it would accept the 2nd hand one, but decided not to go down that track as I'm getting my money's worth at the moment.Colour ink is a different story though, that uses up very quickly.

gdnshack, Jun 10, 2:38am
I wonder if many people like me set the black ink printer settings to "draft" or "fast" instead of high or standard.It is so worth doing.I have a Canon MX340 and use the "fast" setting and would probably print out 80 - 100 pages a month, mainly emails etc but this latest cartridge just never seems to run out.(PG510).Used to own a Canon MP110 and didn't get as good a result out of that one.Anyway the "low ink setting" warning came up on the 3rd May and it still hasn't run out.
I've looked at refillable cartridges and was told that sometimes there can be problems with the electronics if they are damaged and got some instructions on how to reset the printer menu so it would accept the 2nd hand one, but decided not to go down that track as I'm getting my money's worth at the moment.Colour ink is a different story though, that uses up very quickly.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)