Iphone 3gs help please - help!!

hey, just brought an iphone, and i know the lady told me i need to 'sync' it to itunes before it will work.

Seriously stupid female question.... what am i doing wrong?? its all connected and i cant get it to work :(

geek_wennylover, Jun 13, 1:07 pm

It should work without being synced. People without itunes use their iphone all the time.
It should sync automatically when you plug it into the computer, if youve got itunes

geek_snuzal, Jun 13, 2:06 pm

itunes has nothing to do wiht getting the iphone to work as a phone...........

geek_drcspy, Jun 13, 2:07 pm

it does if the phone is new , you have to set it up with itunes ..i may be wrong but i have had 3 and had to do that with all..I see apple are now dropping that and you will be able to use the phone straight from the box

geek_lustee32, Jun 13, 2:53 pm

friggin proprietary crap

geek_drcspy, Jun 13, 2:56 pm

Once iOS 5 is released you will no longer need iTunes to activate an iOS device.

geek_malachiman, Jun 13, 3:38 pm

Your activating your phone with iTunes. Did you turn the phone on?? The top right button, you will see an iTunes logo appear once the phone boots. Connect it to your pc with iTunes running.You will be able to select the phone down the left column

geek_malachiman, Jun 13, 3:40 pm

Sorry if this is silly and obvious but you have bought a sim?

geek_footplate1, Jun 13, 4:44 pm

itunes has nothing to do wiht getting the iphone to work as a phone.

geek_drcspy, Jun 14, 2:07 pm

it does if the phone is new , you have to set it up with itunes .i may be wrong but i have had 3 and had to do that with all.I see apple are now dropping that and you will be able to use the phone straight from the box

geek_lustee32, Jun 14, 2:53 pm

Your activating your phone with iTunes. Did you turn the phone on! The top right button, you will see an iTunes logo appear once the phone boots. Connect it to your pc with iTunes running.You will be able to select the phone down the left column

geek_malachiman, Jun 14, 3:40 pm

Sorry if this is silly and obvious but you have bought a sim!

geek_footplate1, Jun 14, 4:44 pm