HTC Sensation or Samsung Galaxy S2

Have been looking at reviews but cant find my answer so hoping someone can answer.I liked the Galaxy S but had trouble reading texts because of the blue tinge background, Does the Galaxy S2 have the same blue tinge or has it been improved.I also like the HTC Desire HD except for the loudspeaker at full volume while listening to music was poor. Is the volume better on the Sensation. I know they are okay with earphones but prefer without earphones. Thanks

edit to say on the Galaxy S I kept accidently turning screen off due to placement of power button. Is it better on S2 even though virtually same location. Another reason I preferred HTC

geek_gilco2, Jun 29, 7:15 pm

Follow ur gut instinct.

I cant quite understand why the Sensation is cheaper than S2 by around $200

geek_deus701, Jun 29, 8:31 pm

HTC Sensation has a more solid build quality, and from what I've read, even though it has a smaller battery, it lasts longer (the way at how it manages it's power consumption)... There's also a special with Telecom (check on their home page) that you can get $100 off if you register for information about it.

Galaxy S2 is more powerful, according to several benchmarking programs, but in my opinion, the Sensation is more than powerful enough for what you'd need - you won't notice a difference.

HTC tends to roll out updates (google "ice cream sandwich android") faster.

Galaxy S2 has a nicer screen - but again, probably not something that would be a major if it doesn't bother you too much.

HTC is a lot more solid (aluminum back vs plastic with the S2), and feels like it won't slip out of your pocket easy (unlike the S2)

If both were the same price, I'd prob go for the S2 because it's more powerful... but that's just a mentality thing for me haha - I know I probably won't notice a difference.

I'll probably end up going for the Sensation though because of the price difference, that $100 Telecom discount & it's supposedly longer battery life.

I've been lookin at these two phones since before they were announced... haha.

geek_rahto, Jun 29, 9:55 pm

If the text background is a shade you don't like, and it can't be customised, then download an SMS app that gives you plenty of options regards styles in both font and background and font colours etc...simple?

geek_navestrebor, Jun 29, 9:58 pm

yeah just I have weird eyesight. I cant read black on red or blue. on galaxy sthe blue tinge is enough to make very difficult to read text messages. Same as I have trouble with white text on black background. So new galaxy s2 needs to have no tinge like s has.

geek_gilco2, Jun 29, 10:13 pm

I was on same boat, went from desire hd to galaxy s2. For the money, $550 vs $1100 of galaxy s2, I'd pick desire hd.
But s2 is definitely worth the money if you do not mind spending that much.

I went through a lot of youtube comparisons between sensation and s2 and they all said s2 performs better but i didn't believe it would've been that significant.

Something I've noticed with htc phones to get a GPS lock I had to go outside my house and had to have clear view of sky, but for the s2, I get a gps lock just sitting in my room.

Only things I miss from HTC is its Keyboard, UI Sense(launcher pro app is almost as good), how the screen sits in flush with the body, hotswappable SD card and build quality.
Everything else I'm happy I bought the S2.Screen is like night and day difference. Could hardly see anything in sun on my desire hd.S2 is insanely lightweight and thin, you feel safer dropping the S2 on the floor because its all plastic lol!!

geek_73040, Jun 30, 1:31 am

HTC sensation all the way, just got the HTC Incredible and its awesome. Tried the samsung and just didn't like it.

geek_aoc1, Jun 30, 1:34 am

I've also heard, even though they're have the same sized screen, the HTC keyboard is larger.

geek_rahto, Jun 30, 8:05 am

Is the Optimus 7Q in this fight or not? (yes I know it's a different operating system - I'm talking features, quality etc).

geek_smac, Jun 30, 8:21 am

tried ringing Vodafone Bayfair for half hour and no reply so went down to see if they had any Samsung S2 in stock. Told yes but worker took the only one home to demo it as they do with all of them and wont be back until 2pm today. So was not able to see how the screen looks. Wont make special trip again this afternoon though. So none the wiser if it has that blue tinge instead of white like original galaxy s.Pity I couldnt also check an HTC sensation also

geek_gilco2, Jun 30, 11:24 am

geek_deus701, Jun 30, 12:09 pm

HTC Sensation has a more solid build quality, and from what I've read, even though it has a smaller battery, it lasts longer (the way at how it manages it's power consumption). There's also a special with Telecom (check on their home page) that you can get $100 off if you register for information about it.

Galaxy S2 is more powerful, according to several benchmarking programs, but in my opinion, the Sensation is more than powerful enough for what you'd need - you won't notice a difference.

HTC tends to roll out updates (google "ice cream sandwich android") faster.

Galaxy S2 has a nicer screen - but again, probably not something that would be a major if it doesn't bother you too much.

HTC is a lot more solid (aluminum back vs plastic with the S2), and feels like it won't slip out of your pocket easy (unlike the S2)

If both were the same price, I'd prob go for the S2 because it's more powerful. but that's just a mentality thing for me haha - I know I probably won't notice a difference.

I'll probably end up going for the Sensation though because of the price difference, that $100 Telecom discount & it's supposedly longer battery life.

I've been lookin at these two phones since before they were announced. haha.

geek_rahto, Jun 30, 9:55 pm

If the text background is a shade you don't like, and it can't be customised, then download an SMS app that gives you plenty of options regards styles in both font and background and font colours etc.simple!

geek_navestrebor, Jun 30, 9:58 pm

HTC sensation all the way, just got the HTC Incredible and its awesome. Tried the samsung and just didn't like it.

geek_aoc1, Jul 1, 1:34 am

I've also heard, even though they're have the same sized screen, the HTC keyboard is larger.

I just really hope Telecom don't put stupid custom apps on the ROM which you can't remove.

geek_rahto, Jul 1, 8:05 am

Is the Optimus 7Q in this fight or not! (yes I know it's a different operating system - I'm talking features, quality etc).

geek_smac, Jul 1, 8:21 am

Update. I like look and feel of HTC Sensation UI better than Samsung BUT I bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 for following reasons.
JB HIFI had in stock and local so local point of return for faults.
16 GB internal memory versus 1 GB for HTC
Loudspeakerbetter on Samsung even though reviews say not same clarity
Reviews say better suited for media playing which I do waiting at doctors a lot etc.
Samsung is fully XT compatible so will work on any network if I decide to change networks down the road.

geek_gilco2, Jul 1, 12:44 pm

are you still around.I bought the S2 due to other people and reviews but just dont like it. I see reviews give the Incredible good points for camera etc. I see it has 4 inch screen which is not too much smaller but how are the colours. I dont like S2 for me way over saturated and too dark.

geek_gilco2, Jul 3, 7:51 pm

so you DONT like the galaxy S2? you only bought it 3 days ago

geek_fordcrzy, Jul 3, 8:50 pm

yeah pity couldnt try it out first. I just dont like the screen.I find it too dark for me.I preferred the desire hd screen.

geek_gilco2, Jul 3, 9:02 pm

I have a Galaxy S II, it is great. Amazing screen. SAMOLED+ kicks the crap out of LCD screens, just looks so much nicer. Did you turn the brightness up? Black on AMOLED screens is much more 'black' than on an LCD/

geek_maverick88, Jul 3, 11:06 pm

Hey Gilco, am around.

geek_aoc1, Jul 3, 11:36 pm

We went to walking with Dinos tonight and I took a couple of vids they came out amazing. .I love everything bout the incredible, I upgraded from the desire which my partner has now and loves as well. Partner was a solid Nokia fan till she used the desire. Its upgraded to Gingerbread.

geek_aoc1, Jul 3, 11:43 pm

S2 screen uses less battery from personal experience.
S2 screen is 10times better than htc in daylight/sunlight. Trust me.
HTC UI is nicer but Launcher pro fixed it..almost.
HTC Hotswappable microsdis better than samsung's dumb takeout battery..But they compensate with having 16gb internal memory. so bit of equal positives and negatives there.

I would go back to HTC if they pull their shit together and give a proper competition to S2 and Iphone 4/5.

geek_73040, Jul 4, 9:35 am

I was too late and missed the good deal on hTC Incredible S.I had read reviews and that is why I bought the SG2. But watching movies I find it too dark.One review said you can alter saturation on the player but after hours and hours of searching I can not find how for the life of me. Yes I can see GS2 screen in sunlight where I couldnt with HTC DHD.If only I can alter settings or use different video player so I can watch the videos.Must be possible because graphics in the music player are bright.

geek_gilco2, Jul 4, 10:37 am

Optimus 2x.

geek_gin_quake, Jul 4, 1:04 pm

The Samsung is a quality product.

geek_321mat, Jul 4, 1:12 pm

cuase the Galaxy S2 is better amazing video recording

geek_tiqing, Jul 4, 1:48 pm

so you DONT like the galaxy S2! you only bought it 3 days ago

geek_fordcrzy, Jul 4, 8:50 pm

I have a Galaxy S II, it is great. Amazing screen. SAMOLED+ kicks the crap out of LCD screens, just looks so much nicer. Did you turn the brightness up! Black on AMOLED screens is much more 'black' than on an LCD/

geek_maverick88, Jul 4, 11:06 pm