Help please with Epson wireless printer

debz911, Jun 22, 9:45pm
Have a Epson wireless printer that discounts from my PC when ever I turn it off. Have had nothing but trouble with it since new- had 1st one replaced after a long battle, last time I rung Epson they hung-up on me! I have a Toshiba notebook running Windows XP Anyone help me? Thanks

drcspy, Jun 22, 11:04pm
well it WOULD disconnect from your pc when you turn it off ?

you're not being very clear........

debz911, Jun 22, 11:09pm
sorry! What I mean is that it stays discounted even when I turn it back on.

debz911, Jun 22, 11:19pm
It is the Network Drive that is disconnected. (am not very computer savvy!)

ceebee2, Jun 23, 12:56am
Can you give us a blow by blow description of what happens from the time you switch the Laptop on to when you should see the printer icon down on the lower right task bar. We also need to know how it was initially set up (If you know) as they can be fickle things if the incorrect protocol / network set up is not correct.

Back to basics as well, try plugging the printer into the laptop directly and print from that. If that works at least we know the printers ok.

I assume the printer driver is installed correctly......so many customers make the mistake of plugging the USB cable into the printer and try to load drivers. This must be done BEFORE the printer is plugged in. If all else fails, un-install the printer driver thorough control panel and reload it, remembering NOT to plug it in till the software tells you to. There are also full instructions for installing the wireless part on the CD that came with it so print that off first (If you can)

drcspy, Jun 23, 1:01am
are you turning the printer off or the computer ?

debz911, Jun 23, 8:00am
Right- I've plugged the printer into my laptop and it failed to print. Itried running the instruction CD - no luck- so took it in to my Computer Tech who installed it and all was good until I turned off both the printer & laptop.

drcspy, Jun 23, 8:06am
and then what happened ?

debz911, Jun 23, 8:10am
It wouldn't print! The pop-up to say it was printing came up but nothing happened.

debz911, Jun 23, 9:45pm
Have a Epson wireless printer that discounts from my PC when ever I turn it off. Have had nothing but trouble with it since new- had 1st one replaced after a long battle, last time I rung Epson they hung-up on me! I have a Toshiba notebook running Windows XP Anyone help me! Thanks

drcspy, Jun 23, 11:04pm
well it WOULD disconnect from your pc when you turn it off !

you're not being very clear.

ceebee2, Jun 24, 12:56am
Can you give us a blow by blow description of what happens from the time you switch the Laptop on to when you should see the printer icon down on the lower right task bar. We also need to know how it was initially set up (If you know) as they can be fickle things if the incorrect protocol / network set up is not correct.

Back to basics as well, try plugging the printer into the laptop directly and print from that. If that works at least we know the printers ok.

I assume the printer driver is installed correctly.so many customers make the mistake of plugging the USB cable into the printer and try to load drivers. This must be done BEFORE the printer is plugged in. If all else fails, un-install the printer driver thorough control panel and reload it, remembering NOT to plug it in till the software tells you to. There are also full instructions for installing the wireless part on the CD that came with it so print that off first (If you can)

drcspy, Jun 24, 1:01am
are you turning the printer off or the computer !

debz911, Jun 24, 8:00am
Right- I've plugged the printer into my laptop and it failed to print. Itried running the instruction CD - no luck- so took it in to my Computer Tech who installed it and all was good until I turned off both the printer & laptop.

drcspy, Jun 24, 8:06am
and then what happened !

debz911, Jun 24, 8:10am
It wouldn't print! The pop-up to say it was printing came up but nothing happened.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)