Which printer would be suitable...

toy_turbo, Jun 22, 2:55am
For running through 3500 pre-printed pamphlets to add address details to them, say, twice a year? In between times would just be normal home use, but needs to be capable of picking up and printing large volumes too. Is laser best, or ink jet? Obviously as they are pre-printed with other pictures/details I wouldn't want something that would apply a toner all over. Price range = up to $500ish. Thanks for your help! :-)

r.g.nixon, Jun 22, 3:31am
Laser.

toy_turbo, Jun 22, 3:36am
Okay, any brand/model suggestions?

toy_turbo, Jun 22, 3:38am
Also, what would the replacement ink costs be?

drcspy, Jun 22, 4:17am
FAR FAR CHEAPER than inkjet......so dont worry about that

toy_turbo, Jun 22, 4:47am
But the ones I've seen on here are like $200-$300 just to replace the toner!! Lol!

froggyb, Jun 22, 4:56am
I have a friend thats got an HP 1102 LASER does about 1500 sheets b/w and toner replacement costs around $89 , and the printer to buy look on trademe he got his for $35

jancemord, Jun 22, 4:59am
elive.co.nz/oki-b411dn-duplex--
led-printer-t16649.php

4000 per toner

toner = $95

gazza1234, Jun 22, 5:05am
Getting someone to print self adhesive labels printed and then you just stick them on is another option. To get 3500 address labels suitable incl printing will only be about $45. As long as you have the addresses in a database, csv etc.

drcspy, Jun 22, 5:08am
well then YOU calculate how much inkjet refills would be .........I guarantee it'll be about five times that cost and you'd be sitting there all day changing inks........why do you think businesses which print a lot use laser printers ?

drcspy, Jun 22, 5:24am
another thing......lasers give a sharper and clearer print for what you want

lythande1, Jun 22, 6:33am
One that does a lot of pages per toner or cartridge.
And most don't, it's irrelevant whether it's laser or ink, it's the pages per cartridge/toner and cost of them. You can't just guess at it, you have to do your research. Take a look at www.consumables.co.nz, they list the pages for each, it varies from pathetic to very, very good.
On both ink and lasers.

toy_turbo, Jun 23, 12:30am
Neat, thanks for the suggestions! :-)

toy_turbo, Jun 23, 2:55am
For running through 3500 pre-printed pamphlets to add address details to them, say, twice a year! In between times would just be normal home use, but needs to be capable of picking up and printing large volumes too. Is laser best, or ink jet! Obviously as they are pre-printed with other pictures/details I wouldn't want something that would apply a toner all over. Price range = up to $500ish. Thanks for your help! :-)

toy_turbo, Jun 23, 3:36am
Okay, any brand/model suggestions!

toy_turbo, Jun 23, 3:38am
Also, what would the replacement ink costs be!

drcspy, Jun 23, 4:17am
FAR FAR CHEAPER than inkjet.so dont worry about that

toy_turbo, Jun 23, 4:47am
But the ones I've seen on here are like $200-$300 just to replace the toner! Lol!

drcspy, Jun 23, 5:08am
well then YOU calculate how much inkjet refills would be .I guarantee it'll be about five times that cost and you'd be sitting there all day changing inks.why do you think businesses which print a lot use laser printers !

drcspy, Jun 23, 5:24am
another thing.lasers give a sharper and clearer print for what you want

lythande1, Jun 23, 6:33am
One that does a lot of pages per toner or cartridge.
And most don't, it's irrelevant whether it's laser or ink, it's the pages per cartridge/toner and cost of them. You can't just guess at it, you have to do your research. Take a look at www.consumables.co.nz, they list the pages for each, it varies from pathetic to very, very good.
On both ink and lasers.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)