Yahoo's new on-the-server mail page, and ActiveX

I use the server often to weed out mail I don't need delivered to my windows inbox. I cannotturn off theActive X filter through the address bar, there is no button there.

I know they're still correcting glitches and most have been corrected within a day or two BUTI wish someone would tell them I HAVE the UPGRADED BROWSER 'cos I am sick of needing tohit "continue anyway". when I open the page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You're almost there...

The newest version of Yahoo! Mail works best on modern browsers. To access features like Telecom | POWERED by Yahoo! Mail Messenger, photo slideshows, and the reply bar, you'll need to upgrade your browser.

Upgrading is free and it only takes a few moments:

Firefox
Internet Explorer (for Windows)
Safari
Not ready to upgrade? Continue anyway
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-
~

GGGGRRRRRRR

geek_nitpnz, Jun 18, 12:02 pm

What version of IE are you running?

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 18, 12:05 pm

I go to thedownload page and get the message "You are already using Internet Explorer 9"

geek_nitpnz, Jun 18, 12:14 pm

and I haveFlash player10,2,153,1 installed... I cannot find a command toallow/prevent Active Xon the address bar for http://nz.mg261.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.partner=tnz&.gx=1&.rand=06sm55d7662jj

Other sites have it

geek_nitpnz, Jun 18, 12:57 pm

New Yahoo mail

?anyone else with this problem ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You're almost there...

The newest version of Yahoo! Mail works best on modern browsers. To access features like Telecom | POWERED by Yahoo! Mail Messenger, photo slideshows, and the reply bar, you'll need to upgrade your browser.

Upgrading is free and it only takes a few moments:

Firefox
Internet Explorer (for Windows)
Safari
Not ready to upgrade? Continue anyway
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have the upgrade Version 9

geek_nitpnz, Jun 19, 7:37 am

It doesn't use ActiveX so what are you on about.

geek_spyware, Jun 19, 7:30 pm

install mailwasher it'll let you 'weed out' your mail much more efficiently

geek_drcspy, Jun 19, 7:33 pm

this is about trying to access the new mail page.I use the server often to weed out mail I don't need delivered to my windows inbox. I cannot turn off the Active X filter through the address bar, there is no button there.

I know they're still correcting glitches and most have been corrected within a day or two BUT I wish someone would tell them I HAVE the UPGRADED BROWSER 'cos I am sick of needing to hit "continue anyway". when I open the page
Today this is what I get:
The newest version of Yahoo! Mail can??t load.
We were unable to open your mailbox. Try loading again
The following error code may help with troubleshooting: 15

Continue to Yahoo! Mail...
(You can switch back to your original Yahoo! Mail.)
Go to Yahoo! Mail
Return to your original Yahoo! Mail...
Just this one time, Go to your original Yahoo! Mail
Return to your original Yahoo! Mail

geek_nitpnz, Jun 21, 12:30 pm

You're NOT listening ....................insatll MAILWASHER...........it'll save you having to log into that stupid webpage

geek_drcspy, Jun 21, 12:34 pm

google mailwasher if you need to get an understanding of what it does

geek_drcspy, Jun 21, 12:34 pm

geek_drcspy, Jun 21, 12:35 pm

dunno what you're on about anyway I'm running IE 9 (among others) and I logged in there in about 10 seconds flat with ZERO issues.....

geek_drcspy, Jun 21, 12:41 pm

Tnx drcspy, I am familiar with mailwasher: howeverit is not Spam I weed from my server mail, (thatYahoo/xtra does a good job itself,)it's the emailed copies ofreplies to my community group posts that I sort out from business email before I let the business mail into my windows mail box.

I think perhaps yahoo is still ironing out the creases in it's site, since it's transition from xtra, so spose I better just sit and growl a while longer till they catch up with themselves.

geek_nitpnz, Jun 21, 12:51 pm

and firefox 3.6.17
and google chrome 10.0.648.133

geek_drcspy, Jun 21, 12:53 pm

if you're familiar with mailwasher then you know it doesn't let you just weed out 'spam' at all.It shows a list of all mail waiting at the server and you can delete it or whatever........thus I fail completely to understand why you cant use mailwasher unless you are moving those other mail to a folder you've created at your mailbox.....and I've just manage to log into yahooxtra mail in SECONDS on all three browsers I have installed........

geek_drcspy, Jun 21, 12:55 pm

what version of IE are you running ?

geek_drcspy, Jun 21, 12:56 pm

And update your Flash, should be 10.3.181.26 (IE)
www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie

geek_r.g.nixon, Jun 21, 1:12 pm

huh far as I know the xtra email sitle doesn't use flash

geek_drcspy, Jun 21, 1:13 pm

Message was just advice due to widespread exploitation of a flaw in the previous version.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jun 21, 1:27 pm

Flash is 10.3.181.26
ActiveX version 10.3.181.23
Plug inversion 10.3.181.14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-
~
2 hours later-Thanks for the advice,theannoyingnotices came back for a whilethe techs must be working on it still but I had to log in each time I visited, tillI renewed the site as homepage,

I can turn on or off the Active X filter through the address bar,the icon/ button is back there now. I am happy again.

geek_nitpnz, Jun 21, 3:58 pm

I'm 70 years old. It's very hard to keep up with all the fancy new "twitter", etc. I have only been able to read two to three emails a day I like to read my emails and forward messages to my email friends. I now have about 350 unread emails. I really want my old email system "BACK!" It will cost me money to have a tech come out to the house to help me upgrade, etc. DO WE REALLY HAVE TO KEEP UP WITH THE WORLD WE DON'T WANT ALL OF THE new fancy stuff??

geek_joyce, Aug 19, 10:35 am

here it is 3 months later and I have the same problem on a friend's computer. apparently, they're "still working on it". Have found several posts like this on various websites with no real solutions, just everybody suggesting using a different browser or a different version of yahoo mail or some other type of "work-around". He's using Vista (sp2) (yeah, I know) and IE9 with the latest updates and updated Flash.

geek_geek_wannabe, Sep 29, 8:07 am

I want old email back
NEW ONE A LOAD OF RUBBISH

geek_guest, Mar 2, 12:11 am