New Laptop doesnt like my printer

texastwo, Jun 20, 12:02am
Bought a Presario CQ62(Win7) and trying towirelessly connect to my oldish Brother 2040 printer and no matter what we try it wont connect.Can connect OK with cable. And works OK with older laptop[ (Vista). Have downloaded drivers and it still wont work.In the Control Panel the printer shows up as "off line"but as soon as i use my desktop with cable its OK.Could it be the wireless router (Dlink) or is the printer simply not recognised by Win7 in wireless mode..Hope I am making myself clear.Anybody struck similar problems?

drcspy, Jun 20, 12:06am
errrrrrr......too lazy to google but is this printer a wireless model ? or are you tyring to connect to it through your desktop ?

texastwo, Jun 20, 12:21am
Sorry didnt make it clear. It does connect wirelessly with a slightly older laptop so I presume it is.

drcspy, Jun 20, 12:25am
hm............well you could always set it up as a 'network' printer supposing it's connected to the desktop that way you'll be able to wirelessly print as long as the desktop is working.............just share the printer on the desktop then add it as a network printer on the laptop (it's a workaround I know but it'll help)

drcspy, Jun 20, 12:26am
did you get windows 7 compatible drivers for it ?

texastwo, Jun 20, 12:31am
Yes it might be a solution, we already network another desktop so that might work. I'm pretty sure that the drivers were Windows 7 - thats what I asked google for. Will look at that again too.

drcspy, Jun 20, 12:35am
do you have win7 32 or 64 bit ?

right clik my computer then clik properties .............

drcspy, Jun 20, 12:36am

texastwo, Jun 20, 3:14am
Thanks for that- sorry have been off line. Will follow through when I get home from work
Cheers

texastwo, Jun 21, 12:02am
Bought a Presario CQ62(Win7) and trying towirelessly connect to my oldish Brother 2040 printer and no matter what we try it wont connect.Can connect OK with cable. And works OK with older laptop[ (Vista). Have downloaded drivers and it still wont work.In the Control Panel the printer shows up as "off line"but as soon as i use my desktop with cable its OK.Could it be the wireless router (Dlink) or is the printer simply not recognised by Win7 in wireless mode.Hope I am making myself clear.Anybody struck similar problems!

drcspy, Jun 21, 12:06am
errrrrrr.too lazy to google but is this printer a wireless model ! or are you tyring to connect to it through your desktop !

drcspy, Jun 21, 12:25am
hm.well you could always set it up as a 'network' printer supposing it's connected to the desktop that way you'll be able to wirelessly print as long as the desktop is working.just share the printer on the desktop then add it as a network printer on the laptop (it's a workaround I know but it'll help)

drcspy, Jun 21, 12:26am
did you get windows 7 compatible drivers for it !

texastwo, Jun 21, 12:31am
Yes it might be a solution, we already network another desktop so that might work. I'm pretty sure that the drivers were Windows 7 - thats what I asked google for. Will look at that again too.

drcspy, Jun 21, 12:35am
do you have win7 32 or 64 bit !

right clik my computer then clik properties .

drcspy, Jun 21, 12:36am

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)