Memory card advice needed

I have brought a netbook to use as a recipe book(to save me printing out all the recipes). There is not enough memory on the netbook and need to get a memory card so Iam asking advice to make sure I get the right one.The user manual says that it reads MMC/SD cards so do I just get a SD card?thanks

geek_pam.delilah, Jun 20, 2:43 pm

What type of netbook?The vast majority of them come with relatively big hard disks anyway these days.

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 20, 2:45 pm

this one, TM auction 382939344, it has 2g

geek_pam.delilah, Jun 20, 2:48 pm

Ah don't have a lot of experience with them.

The only thing that might trip you up is that most bigger memory cards are SDHC these days so check the manual for any mention of SDHC support

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 20, 2:54 pm

You would have been better to spend another $300 and got a proper one. Sorry, but that's a toy really. If you're not sure, get a usb flash drive.

geek_hakatere1, Jun 20, 2:56 pm

LOL, those shouldn't even be called netbooks but as long as it works fine for you, then each to their own. Anyway, to answer your question, any SD card should work. Just make sure you get SD. Not SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD or microSDHC as those probably won't work with it. You could get an adapter with a miniSD card but to save you all the guess work, just get what's described in the auction.

http://pricespy.co.nz/category.php?k=728&o=produkt_pris_inkmoms#prodlista

geek_lostdude, Jun 20, 2:58 pm

I already have a very good laptop. I just wanted something to store and viiewrecipes. So for me this little one is just what I need for this

geek_pam.delilah, Jun 20, 3:01 pm

thank, I will have a look

geek_pam.delilah, Jun 20, 3:12 pm

I have brought a netbook to use as a recipe book(to save me printing out all the recipes). There is not enough memory on the netbook and need to get a memory card so Iam asking advice to make sure I get the right one.The user manual says that it reads MMC/SD cards so do I just get a SD card!thanks

geek_pam.delilah, Jun 21, 2:43 pm

What type of netbook!The vast majority of them come with relatively big hard disks anyway these days.

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 21, 2:45 pm

Ah don't have a lot of experience with them.

The only thing that might trip you up is that most bigger memory cards are SDHC these days so check the manual for any mention of SDHC support

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 21, 2:54 pm

You would have been better to spend another $300 and got a proper one. Sorry, but that's a toy really. If you're not sure, get a usb flash drive.

geek_hakatere1, Jun 21, 2:56 pm

LOL, those shouldn't even be called netbooks but as long as it works fine for you, then each to their own. Anyway, to answer your question, any SD card should work. Just make sure you get SD. Not SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD or microSDHC as those probably won't work with it. You could get an adapter with a miniSD card but to save you all the guess work, just get what's described in the auction.

http://pricespy.co.nz/category.php!k=728&o=produkt_pris_inkmoms#prodlista

geek_lostdude, Jun 21, 2:58 pm