Help with Adobe reader please.

I am in the process of updating my cv and employers have asked me to send through files in PDF format. When I change my documents from doc format I find that my page breaks change and so my CV looks untidy. When I try to edit the file I am unable to do so in PDF. My question is "How am I able to edit my files when doing so with PDF files?"..................-
......Have version 9.1? Thanks

geek_billygoat_gruff, Jun 20, 10:05 am

PDF isn't designed as a format you should be editing.You are best off to keep a copy in your Word processor and export it to PDF everytime you make a change - think of it as printing to an electronic file that can then be attached to an email message

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 20, 10:07 am

Yup as above. Export your doc to pdf.

geek_lostdude, Jun 20, 10:18 am

Page breaks don't change. Are you using blank lines as page breaks perhaps?

geek_r.g.nixon, Jun 20, 11:08 am

Fairly likely the PDF export is defaulted to Letter paper size, while the Word doc is for A4. Should be a simple matter to change the output paper size in whatever PDF export tool you're using.

geek_wombatunder, Jun 20, 11:53 am

I am in the process of updating my cv and employers have asked me to send through files in PDF format. When I change my documents from doc format I find that my page breaks change and so my CV looks untidy. When I try to edit the file I am unable to do so in PDF. My question is "How am I able to edit my files when doing so with PDF files!".-
.Have version 9.1! Thanks

geek_billygoat_gruff, Jun 21, 10:05 am

PDF isn't designed as a format you should be editing.You are best off to keep a copy in your Word processor and export it to PDF everytime you make a change - think of it as printing to an electronic file that can then be attached to an email message

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 21, 10:07 am

Page breaks don't change. Are you using blank lines as page breaks perhaps!

geek_r.g.nixon, Jun 21, 11:08 am

Fairly likely the PDF export is defaulted to Letter paper size, while the Word doc is for A4. Should be a simple matter to change the output paper size in whatever PDF export tool you're using.

geek_wombatunder, Jun 21, 11:53 am