How 2 install brother printer on 2nd computer

romney, Jul 3, 6:25am
I have a brother multicentre printer on my laptop and have since brought a new laptop I am wanting to print off. Thought I could just plug it in and away we would go...how wrong was I?
Can anyone give me the steps I need to tak to get it printing? new computeris windows 7...and i dont have the original disks etc
Thanks

gibler, Jul 3, 6:26am

swivel, Jul 3, 6:27am
go to Brother web site and d/l the setup files.

r.g.nixon, Jul 3, 6:27am
Get the appropriate driver from the support section at www.brother.co.nz or www.brother.com.au

r.g.nixon, Jul 3, 6:29am
I need to paint letters on my worn keys and type faster!

romney, Jul 3, 6:42am
Thanks everyone. I have tried to go to the brother site. I cant seem to find "setup" or the like? It is a MFC-210C I am trying to install. Any more tips?? There is one file the is 0.56MB or something doesnt seem big enough?? Thanks again

r.g.nixon, Jul 3, 6:47am
No, that is the firmware, not a driver.

r.g.nixon, Jul 3, 6:49am
Says here you can get a basic driver through Windows Update.
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/link.aspx?faqid=faq002620_003

linktech.ltd, Jul 3, 7:31am
Hi Halei,

You are able to purchase a print server so you are able to use the printer with both the computer and notebook without having to plug it directly into which ever unit you would like to use at the time.

There is also the solution of having it connected to computer and your notebook will still be able to access the printer however you would have to have both the computer and notebook on at the same time which is not ideal - this is why I have mentioned a print server device earlier.

babcorp, Jul 3, 9:45am

romney, Jul 4, 6:25am
I have a brother multicentre printer on my laptop and have since brought a new laptop I am wanting to print off. Thought I could just plug it in and away we would go.how wrong was I!
Can anyone give me the steps I need to tak to get it printing! new computeris windows 7.and i dont have the original disks etc
Thanks

romney, Jul 4, 6:42am
Thanks everyone. I have tried to go to the brother site. I cant seem to find "setup" or the like! It is a MFC-210C I am trying to install. Any more tips! There is one file the is 0.56MB or something doesnt seem big enough! Thanks again

r.g.nixon, Jul 4, 6:49am
Says here you can get a basic driver through Windows Update.
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/link.aspx!faqid=faq002620_003

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)